June 22, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] NYC, New York - Adam Bellow today is pleased to announce eduTecher Backpack 1.0 for iOS, his free education app for teachers, parents, and educators that provides a searchable database of thousands of educational websites. eduTecher Backpack (pronounced edu-tekker) also includes numerous social capabilities for sharing, blogging, posting, and managing ideas, resources, and contacts. Critically acclaimed, the app was cited as, "The best teacher resource for new resources and ideas! “A must have," by I Education Apps Review. Searches of the app's database of educational websites may be filtered by grade level and/or subject.
* Middle School
* High School
* All Subjects
* Foreign Language
* Language Arts
* Professional Development
* Search Engines
* Social Studies
* Special Education
* Teacher Tools
On launch in portrait mode, the app displays 14 different icon buttons that provide access to all the functions of the app. The primary button is the Links function, with the remaining 13 dedicated to app preferences and operation, and social functions such as forums and blogging.
* Links- scrollable, searchable list of educational websites; Detail View or Icon View
* eduTecherTV- Webisodes explore individual sites and tools; not streamed via YouTube so that they can be played in all schools
* Messages- send and receive messages about great web sites with in-app connectivity
* Favorites- add any site to the Favorites List; Icon View or Detail View; share Favorites
* Notes- takes notes on web tools; Icon View or Detail View; share Notes with others
* Contacts- build a PLN (Personal Learning Network); contact others with similar interests
* My Profile- optional Profile can include Facebook & Twitter links, plus personal info
* Blog- safe, free way for students and teachers to create and comment on blogs
* Forums- searchable forum with comments and threads from other eduTecher users
* Settings- toggle on/off Push Notifications, Blog Comments, Facebook Link, etc.
* Work With Me- hire Educational Technologist Adam Bellow to speak or consult
* About- info about the eduTecher website and its creator Adam Bellow
* Get eT Gear- official eT products including mugs, T-shirts, bumper stickers, etc.
* Log Out- users may register for free or have limited Guest Access
eduTecher has been embraced by thousands of members of the educational community, and has received many critical accolades, with the eduTecher website earning ‚”Site of the Week” from eClassroom News. iPhone Life Magazine featured eduTecher as one of the Top Five Apps for Educators.
* 100% free and easy to use - Get started right away without registering or create a free account for personalized features
* Watch eduTecher TV - View helpful videos on how to use the top learning websites in your classroom
* Connect with fellow educators - Meet others who are effectively using technology in education
* Easily share and collaborate - Connect with other users of the app or website and share messages, favorites, and notes
* Post to Facebook and Twitter - Found a helpful link? Quickly update your status on social media sites
* Share what you know - Create blog posts without leaving the app and read people’s comments on what you wrote
* Learn from others - Read or respond to issues raised in the forums
"eduTecher was founded in late 2007 as a way to keep track of the growing number of web tools that could be used in the classroom setting," stated educational technologist Adam Bellow. "The website’s mission is to help educators and schools around the world effectively integrate technology and web tools into the classroom. eduTecher currently provides links to thousands of web tools and provides concise information on how these tools may be useful in the classroom setting. We don’t charge any subscription fees, nor do we litter our pages or apps with annoying ads. We also offer educators an easy way to connect with one another, share their favorite links, and form a PLN (Personal Learning Network)."
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* iOS 3.0 or later (iOS 4.3 tested)
* 6.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
eduTecher-Backpack is free and available worldwide through the App Store in the Education category.
Located in NYC, New York, eduTecher was founded by Adam Bellow in July of 2007. Adam created eduTecher to help teachers, students, and parents explore, share, and contribute information around web tools that can be useful in the academic setting. Copyright (C) 2011 by Adam Bellow. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.