April 11, 2007 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Tropical Software, Inc. (www.tropic4.com) of Neptune Beach, Florida, has released the latest version of TopXNotes, our modern note pad for Mac OS X loaded with handy features.
MuitlView- View as notes many as will fit on your display
MuitlView sliding toolbar- keeps text buttons always over where you type
NoteOrganizer- An advanced table of contents with category and group
Preferences- Tune TopXNotes just the way you like it
QuickNotes Menu- Instant access to your key notes
Automatic data file backups
Automatic note backup options
* Color text, style, font and font size, all user -selectable, all saved, full drag & drop, all cut/copy/paste,
* Cut / copy / paste and drag and drop to and from external applications
* Fonts menu with last used fonts conveniently at the top of the menu
* Recognize links (ftp, web & email) and launch from them by a single click
* NoteOrganizer is an advanced table of contents (TOC) as separate window. Each note (page) can be identified by its number, full title, and organized by groups and you specify.
* Minimum 50 pages, theoretically unlimited
* Page turning arrows
* Optional automatic save on page turn or save on a time interval
* Customize with many user Preferences
* Optional basic encryption
* Export as either straight text or RTF
* Template pages for easily creating new kinds of notes
* A set of 10 templates installed as part of this release including Web Accounts, Financial Accounts, and Serial Numbers and various other lists.
* Provided a unique note pad for each system user
TopXNotes requires a PPC Macintosh computer running Mac OS 10.2 or higher. TopXNotes requires very little disk space (usually under 20 Mb. depending on the amount of notes stored). TopXNotes currently requires 20 Mb. of RAM.
TopXNotes retails for $30.00 ($35 on CD).
For further information, please visit us at www.tropic4.com
TopXNotes 1.2.1 has the following changes:
Go to Note to Notes Menu
Passworded notes now show note number in note title instead of just "Passworded Note"
* cmd+F should bring Find dialog forward if the dialog is already open
* Fixed an issue where Find failed on attempt to Find something and Replace it with a space or with nothing.
Fixed an incorrect version error message
Fixed an obscure bug that would cause TopXNotes to not launch when placed in Login Items, on certain versions of the Mac OS and on certain hardware only.
Minor selection bugs fixed
Tropical’s flagship products, TopXNotes and TopXNotes iPod, are modern note organizing tools. Each emphasizes our dedication to providing easy to use and easy to learn to use Mac productivity tools.