July 9, 2011 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] Craiova, Romania - Stand By Soft has announced the update to RationalPlan. RationalPlan project management suite version 3.22 added support for custom roles and rights for its Project Server module and the possibility for users to work from different timezone locations world wide. More reporting capabilities, easier to use and more intuitive interface, improved Microsoft Project integration and many more useful features were added. All these also available in German and French language.
RationalPlan is a project management software that follows the general recommended guidelines from project management domain. It has been developed to help project managers keep their projects on time and within budget. RationalPlan Project Server is a better solution for those companies that need a concurrent user project management system by adding a server module that gives project managers concurrent access to a central project data repository.
Important changes added to this version:
* Added support for rights and permissions for users on RationalPlan Project Server
* Possibility to create custom roles
* Added the notion of TimeZone on server
* Translated to German and French
* Possibility to create task details reports
* Render special working days in resource sheet
* Added more filters to assignments page
* Possibility to clear history on server side
* Store graphical interface settings for resource sheets from all Gantt views
* Allows users to select different positions for the labels on Gantt task bars
* Possibility to move resources up and down in the list
* Improved Microsoft Project integration
* Possibility to fit horizontally to visible area on Gantt chart
* Allow setting a fixed cost and accrual on phases
Some significant improvements regarding data privacy were added to RationalPlan Project Server. Business owners have now more powerful tools to keep their projects sensible data under control. "We decided to give our customers the possibility to create custom roles and rights and the ability to assign them for each created user. This is necessary to hide certain data like costs or other project details that should be kept private." says Gabriel Toader, CEO of Stand By Soft. The list of rights usefulness expands further so that it can be used to also restrict access to certain functionality and features of the product. A resource or a stakeholder should always have less power over a software product than a project manager.
A sensible problem for companies that work over multiple locations is the timezone variable. Time related data like dates and working hours may be perceived differently by a user from Europe as compared with a user from Asia or America. This is why a solid project management tool should correctly manage time zone differences. Other improvements were also made to RationalPlan Project Server: the possibility to clear the history of changes, more filters for resources assignments and much more.
Current version also gets translated to German and French languages. "We would like to thank to all the users that helped us in translating RationalPlan products with special thanks to Mr. Jan Hefer from Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft research organization." says Gabriel Toader, Stand By Soft CEO.
When resources in a project work according to a special calendar it is very useful to see those special working days while controlling the worksheets. All these are possible now in RationalPlan. Special working days are displayed with a different color while in Resource Sheet. It is easy to select the corresponding resource by just clicking on those special days.
All charts but especially the Gantt chart have been redesigned to offer more flexibility in presenting and handling data. A very useful "fit to page" action was added that will help users to easily scale the charts such that to fit horizontally to the visible area. This is neded when a project is spread over a large period of time and you want to easily see an overall presentation of it without too much details. Another useful feature is the possibility to present task details near the task bars in customizable locations (left, right, center). With this feature it is possible to generate better looking reports and printouts.
Other features: task details reports were added, the Microsoft Project integration was improved with a better support for MS Project 2010 files and more changes were made regarding the input of project's data, allowing more flexibility in managing projects and resources.
RationalPlan suite includes:
* RationalPlan Single Project - project management software for single projects
* RationalPlan Multi Project - project management software for multiple projects, projects that are interconnected through dependencies and share common resource
* RationalPlan Project Viewer - free project management software viewer, the solution for anyone (from project stakeholders to team workers) to view projects details
* RationalPlan Project Server - a centralized management of company's projects while offering concurrent/controlled access for different users
RationalPlan Project Management Software is available for purchase and download from the RationalPlan website.
Stand By Soft was founded in 1997 as a software company specialized in building desktop applications and components. RationalPlan is a project planning software that follows the general recommended guidelines from project management domain. MOOS Project viewer is a Microsoft Project viewer that allows you to open, view in a dynamic way and print any Microsoft Project file. Copyright (C) 2011 Stand By Soft. All Rights Reserved.