July 7, 2011 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Incline Village, Nevada - Xeric Design today released Time Palette 6.0, its award-winning, global time app. Time Palette has been the standard Mac world time application since 1992. Version 6.0 is a complete rewrite and is fully compatible with Lion, Snow Leopard and Leopard. Time Palette displays the current local time for any location and calculates a wealth of global geographical, astronomical and weather data, including real-time weather conditions from NOAA, complete Daylight Saving Time rules, and sidereal time.
Time Palette helps you plan global conference calls at a convenient time for everyone, set multiple alarms worldwide, calculate your frequent flier miles/kilometers, and find out what time the moon will rise during your romantic vacation. Time Palette keeps you up to date, wherever life takes you.
Written 100% in Cocoa, Time Palette 6.0 has faster performance, lower processor usage, and no dependence on Carbon or QuickDraw. It is a 32/64 bit application and is ready for Lion.
* Completely re-written from the ground up
* 32/64 bit application and ready for Lion
* Shows real-time weather conditions from NOAA
* Schedules calls across multiple time zones
* Calculates distance for multi-segmented trips
* Enhanced floating time bar spans your screen
* Daylight Saving Time updated worldwide
* Depicts daily solar conditions via twilight graphs
* Presents monthly sun & moon rise/set tables
* Depicts actual moon orientation from anywhere
* Includes sidereal time for astronomers
Time Palette 6.0 requires Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6 or 10.7.
Pricing and Availability:
Single user copies may be purchased online for $24.95 (USD). Five user copies are available for $39.95. For more information and to download an evaluation version, please visit Xeric Design online.
Xeric Design, based in Incline Village, Nevada, is a leader in global time and mapping software. Its flagship product, EarthDesk, for both Macintosh and Windows, is enjoyed by users in more than 140 countries. Copyright (C) 2011 Xeric Design. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.