July 8, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Los Angeles, California - 24x7digital LLC today is pleased to announce the release of SightWords Pro 3.0, an educational flash-card app for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. SightWords Pro is a comprehensive flash-card learning tool containing over 1,500 high-frequency sight words, compiled from a variety of sources including Dolch, Fry, Pinnell-Fountas, UK, and AU word lists. Flash-cards respond to taps, swipes, and shakes - students may tap the displayed sight word to hear professionally recorded American-English pronunciations; swipe flash-cards to navigate the stack of words; and shake their iOS device to shuffle the flash-cards.
The 1,500 sight words included with SightWords Pro comprises up to 85% of the text in a child's early reading materials. A child who can recognize just 8 of 10 words in a sentence can typically understand its meaning! "Sight words" often cannot be illustrated via simple pictures or sounded out according to regular phonetic decoding rules, thus they need to be learned and recognized "on sight". SightWords Pro is a handy way to keep track of and encourage a child's mastery of their sight words.
SightWords Pro is easy to use by all ages including beginning English readers at the preschool, Kindergarten, and 1-3 grades, as well as ESL learners, and those with learning disabilities. SightWords Pro is also a great tool for teachers, school districts, and home-school educators.
SightWords Pro has been featured as an Apple iTunes App Store Staff Pick. Furthermore, the latest release is a Universal Binary which has been optimized to work on iPad as well as iPhone and iPod touch.
* Over 1,500 common sight words
* Choose from over 60 pre-defined word lists or create your own custom set
* Tap a card to hear the word spoken
* Mark flash cards with flags or stars
* Flash cards respond to swipes, shakes, and taps
* Beautifully recorded American-English pronunciations for all words
* Share word lists via email and copy/paste and Bump(TM)
* Parental controls to protect settings
* In-app Help documentation
* Universal binary works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Included Word Lists:
* Dolch 300 - 6 levels (pre-primer, primer, grade 1-3, nouns)
* Dolch 300 - 10 levels sorted by frequency
* Fry 1000 - 10 levels sorted by frequency
* UK 1000 - 10 levels sorted by frequency
* AU Color-coded - 12 levels (gold, red, blue, green, orange, indigo, violet, pink, purple, aqua, lime, lemon)
* More Words - Upper and lower-case alphabet, numerals 0-100, numbers zero to twenty, colors, shapes, animals, months, days of week, family
* Words organized by number of letters (1 to 10 letters)
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
* Optimized for iOS 4 or later
* Universal Application
* 22.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
SightWords Pro 3.0 for iOS is on sale now for $0.99 (USD) and available exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Based in Los Angeles, California, 24x7digital LLC is a privately funded company founded in 2002 by Rei Yoshioka and Mark Yamashita. Leveraging their longtime experience in development and consulting, 24x7digital's focus is developing high-quality, simple, and easy-to-use apps for the Mac OS and iPhone iOS platforms. Copyright 2002-2011 24x7digital LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.