July 12, 2011 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Mountain View, California - PhatWare Corporation, a leading provider of software products and professional services for mobile and desktop computers, announces today the immediate availability of WritePad for iPad version 5.2. The new version of iPad allows users to choose an alternative dictionary, which is used for handwriting recognition, word autocompleting, and spell checking, and includes three dictionaries: US English, UK English, and US English Medical. The Medical dictionary is available as an in-app purchase, while the UK and US English dictionaries are free.
The dictionary is essential for high handwriting recognition quality, and by selecting the appropriate dictionary, users can improve overall recognition quality. The new English Medical dictionary, which contains over 130,000 medical and pharmaceutical terms and abbreviations, is designed for medical professionals and students. WritePad users can purchase the Medical dictionary by selecting it in the Options view.
WritePad is an advanced note-taker for iOS, which converts practically any handwriting into computer text. Notes created with WritePad can be sent via email or SMS, Tweeted, saved, posted on a Facebook Wall, printed, exported as PDF, translated to other languages, synchronized with Dropbox, and exchanged directly between two or more iOS devices. WritePad also features integration with events, contacts, maps, and other iPhone resources.
With WritePad, users can:
* Create and edit text documents using the advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPad keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode
* Improve productivity by utilizing inline gestures, spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features
* If the Statistical Analyzer, which improves the overall handwriting recognition quality by addressing common recognition errors, is enabled, WritePad will learn the user's own handwriting style
* Email, Tweet, Print, or post Facebook updates directly from WritePad
* Synchronize WritePad documents with Dropbox, Evernote, and iTunes or upload documents to Google Docs
* Translate documents to 13 supported languages using the Bing Translator
* Change WritePad's appearance by manipulating text, page, and ink colors using the customizable Styles feature
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 13.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
WritePad for iPad is available now and sold exclusively in the iTunes App Store and is priced at $9.99. The US Medical dictionary is available as an in-app purchase for $4.99. To purchase the Medical dictionary, chose it as the default dictionary in the Options view, then touch the green Buy button. For more information about the WritePad product line, please visit PhatWare's web site.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare's products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher(R), PenOffice(R), PhatNotes(TM), PhatPad(TM), WritePad(TM), and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. Copyright (C) 1997-2011 PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.