September 11, 2008 in Mac OSX (E)
[prMac.com] London, UK - Dockland Software has announced Fantasktik 1.1, an update to their innovative taskbar application for Mac OS X Leopard. Displaying a clean and sleek user interface, Fantasktik is a powerful tool allowing users to easily switch between open windows and applications.
Among Fantasktik's unique features are the large document previews created with Leopard's Core Animation technology. Just hover on a window and Fantasktik will display a smooth animation to show the window contents, making window identification easy and fast.
Inspired by the new multitouch interfaces, Fantasktik introduces Click and Slide to browse through open windows. Click and Slide offers an intuitive way to see all windows while keeping a minimal interface. Even with many opened documents, finding a window in Fantasktik is fast and easy.
Version 1.1 adds many new features and improvements:
* Auto-hide option with settable delay
* Shows in every Space
* Prevent well-behaved Cocoa applications'windows from showing under the bar
* Scroll through windows using the mouse scrollwheel
* Automatically hides when an application goes fullscreen
* Handles more windows types
* Option to enable/disable previews
* Fixed hiding bug on multi-monitor configurations
Feature highlights include:
* Switch between windows with a single click
* Large windows previews
* 100% Core Animation
* Click and slide browsing
* Automatically group windows by application
* Collapse and expand windows of an application
* Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 512 MB Minimum Ram
* 0.9 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
Fantasktik is available for only $9.99 and may be downloaded directly from Dockland Software website. A fully-functional, 15-day trial version is available. Users of Fantasktik 1.0 having reached the end of the evaluation period can get a 5 days evaluation period extension by installing Fantasktik 1.1.
Dockland Software is based in London, United Kingdom. Founded in 2008 by Corine Droux, Dockland's mission is to develop Mac software that improves the user experience by combining features and style. Fantasktik is Dockland's first application, with more projects in development for release in the near future. Copyright 2008 Dockland Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Leopard, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.