July 15, 2011 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom - Quantum Sheep, indie developer of titles such as 'Air Supply - 1bit Run', 'Gravitrixx' and 'Attack of the Kraken' is proud to announce the launch of its latest game, .Matrixx, on July 16th 2011, exclusively for iPad. Full of unlockable content, the title is a trippy avoid/collect game set within an enemy computer system - with the player having to collect as many blue spheres as possible, while avoiding the swarm of enemy red spheres, and collecting powerups to turn the tables on the enemy!
How long can you survive the Red Menace? Get ready for one of the most addictive games on your iPad. A new enemy is growing in strength. The Mainframe 'Lothos' is taking over vital subsystems and gradually becoming self aware! We need as much data as possible on this enemy. Pilot your .Matrixx Avatar within the mainframe, avoiding Red enemy data spheres and collecting Blue ones for more data!
* From the maker of Air Supply - 1bit Run
* Intuitive relative touch controls
* Beautiful 'Tron' style graphics, with 'scanlines' for that authentic retro look
* Game changing Powerups such as 'Repel Thingy' (it's the official term, ok?) and Smartbombs
* Unlockable new Avatars, background Grids and Music
* Unlockable achievements
* Five awesome music tracks by Amiga Agia including 'The Never Played Atari' and 'My Gameboy is better'
* Constantly shifting enemy movement patterns
* Additional enemies track you down the better you get
* GameCenter leaderboards - are you the best hacker in the world?
* iPad exclusive
* Supremely addictive
Powerups will aid you in your mission, turning the tables on the enemy, or allowing you to harvest even more data! Make no mistake. There's no way out of this alive. But will you prove to be the best hacker on the planet?
ArcadeLife UK says:
"A lot of thought (and love) has gone into the controls, game mechanics and the overall feel of the game. Add in some unlockable graphic themes and music, achievements and online leaderboards and here's a game you will be coming back to again and again."
Quantum Sheep started out many moons ago making WAP games for mobile phones. Although WAP games in general were quite primitive, Quantum Sheep games had a uniqueness about them that went beyond the limitations of the technology of the time. Currently, Quantum Sheep designs and makes iPhone games. With the hope of bringing something new, fun and different to the table, small, affordable games that have something unique about them. Copyright (C) 2011 Quantum Sheep. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.