IsoSketch - Drawing on the iPad has a fresh new angle
July 20, 2011 in Entertainment
[prMac.com] San Francisco, California - Pixelrevision and Theory of Everything, a design and iOS development collaboration, today are pleased to announce the release of IsoSketch, a unique and powerful drawing application for the iPad. IsoSketch enables users to draw on an angled isometric grid, creating beautifully precise geometric artwork for design, illustration, and more.
IsoSketch features vector output via email (.svg) which lets you import your drawings into your favorite desktop vector editing application - all without needing to sync your iPad. The IsoSketch interface is elegant, simple, and intuitive, yet you have full control over layers, color, opacity, fills, strokes, background images, and background colors. Creating perfect, clean, scaleable vector artwork has never been this simple and fun.
IsoSketch was born from an art director-designer looking for a tool to make creating vector isometric artwork easier. "There was no simple way to do this type of illustration, on any platform or application" says Jonathan R., chief creative of Theory of Everything. "I started off wanting a tool to do a specific task, and to do it well, using the unique medium of the iPad and it's touch screen in an entirely new way. I had no idea how broad the possibilities of the app could be, and how much fun it would be to use. Add in the emailable vector output that lets you edit your files later on your desktop, and you have a really useful tool."
IsoSketch isn't limited to designer types however. It is quite easy to produce attractive results in a short time that can be shared via Facebook, email, and saved to your photo album. Users can also import background images from their photo albums, and augment them with IsoSketch.
Easy geometric drawing:
* Draw perfect geometric artwork naturally - no fussy pen tools or shapes. Just fill areas in the grid
* Layers with opacity, visibility, and stacking order make overlaying artwork easy
* Multiple files / canvasses available with the file browser
* Toolbar can be minimized to let you focus on your creations
* Multiple undo's available
* Pinch / zoom lets you get into the details
* Vector export: Art can be exported as the universal vector .svg file format
* Exported files play well on the desktop. Any vector editing program (we like Illustrator) can open and read .svg. Each drawn shape in the grid is a separate, editable object - organized in layers with all colors and transparency from your IsoSketch drawing intact
* Emailable files: File exports are via email, so you don't need to sync your iPad to get your artwork onto your desktop
* Picture export: Send your art as a photo to your photo library, email a .jpg to a friend, or send it right to your account on Facebook
* Fill tool paints areas in the grid, unit by unit. It's fast and easy to fill large areas
* Triangle stroke tool: Hollow triangles look great
* Full control over background color and grid color, opacity, and visibility
* Ability to import photos or images from your photo library on their own layer- with opacity / visibility control
* Eraser tool
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 1.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
IsoSketch 1.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
Apptitude develops high-end iOS and mobile apps, and Theory of Everything is a new concept and design studio working in the interactive, mobile, and print spaces. Although small and independent, together they have worked extensively on Fortune 500 (and other) clients for a wide range of leading design and advertising agencies. Copyright (C) 2011 Theory of Everything. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.