July 20, 2011 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Surfers Paradise, Australia - Cookie v1.9 has been available for purchase through both the the Mac App Store, and the SweetP Productions Store. Data can be stored on your computer without you even knowing in a multitude of different formats: Cookies, Flash Cookies, Databases and local Storage.
Cookie scans your computer for all types of Cookies, from all the top browsers, and is easily configured to remove all unwanted/tracking-advertising cookies. Cookie is super easy to use, just configure it once, and take control of your sensitive personal information.
Most websites you visit will leave a small file called a 'cookie' on your computer to store information about you, and store any relevant site preferences. Most of the time this is fine, however some sites use this information to track your surfing habits for profiling/advertising purposes and more.
Flash Cookies, can potentially be even more insidious, as they can store up-to 25x more information (100Kb) than regular cookies. Flash Cookies can even be used to restore regular cookies, long after the original cookie has been deleted.
Databases, and Local Storage are generally more innocuous, and are used mainly by web applications to store data.
Cookie, helps you to manage exactly who can access information about your online activities, all in one convenient location. With a clear and intuitive interface, Cookie is a must have application for anyone serious about protecting their personal information. After an initial simple setup, Cookie requires minimal effort to keep your computer clear from unwanted data-mining.
* Live cookie updates, and removal
* Browser specific, and Global cookie whitelists (favorites) and removal
* Tracking cookie identification, and removal
* EverCookie removal
* Manage Cookies, Flash Cookies, and LocalStorage/Databases
* Setup Wizard
* One time setup, and forget
* Accessible from the system menu bar
* Highly intuitive
* UI speed improvements (rewrote a LOT of background processes)
* Added a cookie whitelist/blacklist for greater control of your cookies
* Whitelisted/Blacklisted cookies are colored blue/black respectively for easy id
* Added a button to restore default Tracking Cookie definitions
* Fixed crash when Chrome/Chromium cookie has a malformed expiry date
* Fixed Chrome/Chromium cookie expiry dates
* Fixed "remove all non favorites" button state
* Fixed tracking cookie count
* Fixed cookie count display
* Fix for not displaying all databases
* Fixed memory leaks in database removal
* Fixed display of Wizard on first launch (you can safely just skip through it if you have already configured Cookie)
* Removed option to import favorites from Bookmarks in wizard, as it is counter-productive to good cookie management
* Removed options to remove cookies in Wizard - Wizard is now used just for setting up initial preferences, and all cookie management is done in the main window
* Removed the contextual menu item 'Remove Definition' for tracking cookies, as it was unreliable. Use the Tracking Cookie Editor instead
* Updated included SQLite to v3.7.7
Headquartered in Surfers Paradise, Australia, SweetP Productions has been providing quality software to the Mac community since 2009. Copyright (C) 2009-2011 SweetP Productions. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.