July 20, 2011 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Sydney, Australia - InnoLab challenges gamers to play basketball and try bowling in outer space with the launch of its newly updated Cosmic Ball application for iPhone and iPad, an app that puts a fast-paced new spin on two classic games.
Players race the clock to make as many baskets as they can. But in space, players cannot use their hands to aim the basketball - they must bounce it off a platform that is controlled by moving the iPhone or iPad. In an added twist, the basketball can be made more or less bouncy in midair.
"You have to use your quick reflexes to not drop the basketball," said Chinh Nguyen, creator of Comic Ball. "It's a fast-paced game that requires a lot of smart strategy to win."
Featuring high resolution 3D graphics, Cosmic Ball includes 9 challenging levels to test both speed and coordination. Players must think fast because they cannot move to the next level until they make many baskets quickly. Cosmic Ball also awards bonus points for sinking the basketball from longer distances.
To keep players engaged and excited, Cosmic Ball adds new challenges as they advance through the levels, including:
* Bouncing the basketball off platforms with unusual shapes
* Avoiding the obstacles to make the basket
* Keeping 2 basketballs in the air without letting them drop
As a special bonus, Cosmic Ball also includes a second full game where players can try their hand at space bowling.
This realistic bowling game allows players to choose what spin to put on the ball (clockwise or counterclockwise) to knock down as many pins as they can. Bowlers can also zoom in to take a closer look at the pins with the high-resolution graphics. There are 10 pin sets in all.
Features of the Cosmic Ball app include:
* Play 2 games: Players can choose from space basketball and bowling
* Fast-paced action: Act fast to get the basketball in the hoop and move to the next level
* Challenging strategy game: With 9 levels, Cosmic Ball keeps players entertained for hours
* Control the action: Users can tilt their iPhone or iPad to move the platform and not drop the basketball
* High resolution graphics: The 3D images were designed for both the iPhone and iPad
* Compatible with GameCenter: Show off top scores to friends
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 19 MB
Pricing and availability:
Cosmic Ball 1.1 is currently available for sale worldwide through the App Store in the Games category for $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies). Review copies are available upon request. Cosmic Ball LE is available for free in the App Store.
Based in Australia, InnoLab specializes in creating mobile applications and games for the iPhone and iPad. Their latest apps are Cosmic Ball and Cosmic Ball LE, currently available in the App Store. Copyright (C) 2011 InnoLab. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.