July 21, 2011 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Muenchen, Germany - entwicklungsschmiede UG today is pleased to announce the release of miCal 4.1, an update to their high-quality, mobile calendar for iPhone and iPad. The app captures new appointments directly and is easily synchronized with existing calendars like Outlook, Google, Exchange or Facebook Events. The origin of various appointments can be traced at any time via color-coding. MiCal stores a suitable title for each event, a detailed description, a from-to-time and a possible repetition. Furthermore, an alarm may be set to alert the user through a beeper or via e-mail.
The dashboard is very helpful when it comes to the initial orientation. It displays the time, indicates upcoming birthdays and is even familiar with the weather forecast for the next three days. Five different layouts - from a daily to a yearly overview - display a detailed scheduling summary of the upcoming appointments.
A new feature, since the last 4.0 version, is the module "task management". It may be retrofitted for 79 cents through an in-app-purchase. It records appointment related tasks and provides them with a description, a deadline or a priority. Tasks may be arranged in various lists like "private" or "business" and can be checked off when completed.
The new version 4.1 of miCal offers once again a number of improvements and optimizations. These are the most important ones:
* Optimized loading time: The new version of miCal can be started noticeable faster from the background than its predecessor
* User-defined repetition of appointments: The user may now specify even more precisely in which intervals appointments should be automatically resubmitted
* Determine starting day of the week: By using the miCal-settings a specific day of the week may be selected to start someones individual week on the calendar
* Set language preference: The language used to start the app may also be selected in the miCal settings
MiCals task-add-on offers the following upgrades:
* Back-up: Starting immediately recorded tasks can be backed-up. They may be recovered through e-mail by simply opening the attachment of the back-up mail and selecting the option "open with miCal"
* New reminder-feature: The new version will remind you about important tasks by utilizing the miCal-specific reminder sounds
* Add contacts: It is feasible to associate a contact with a specific task. By using the task detail page, an e-mail may be send to a particular contact. Even a phone call is easily accomplished
Holger Frank from the entwicklungsschmiede: "To celebrate the release of the new update we are reducing the price of miCal by half - effective immediately. For 3 days the app will now be available at only 79 cents."
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 16.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
For a limited time, miCal 4.1 is $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. The task manager is $0.99 USD and can be retrofitted through in-app purchasing. The program is also available in a separate miCal HD version for the iPad. If you would like to test miCal on your own iPhone or iPod touch simply ask the press agency for a promo code that can be redeemed at any app store. It allows you to use the app for free.
entwicklungsschmiede is an indepenent German app developer. Copyright (C) 2011 entwicklungsschmiede UG. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.