July 23, 2011 in Gaming (F)
[prMac.com] Dover-Foxcroft, Maine - Battlefront has announced the release of the patch for Battle for Normandy 1.01. The v1.01 patch for CM: BN contains not just bug fixes but - as is tradition at Battlefront - also a number of enhancements, adjustments and improvements to the game, most based on player feedback! Here is just a quick glimpse on the long list of the improvements that the v1.01 patch is offering.
* Hit text for projectiles that enter an open vehicle hatch says "Hit: Opening" rather than turret or hull.
* Fixed a bug that prevented ricochets off a Panther lower mantlet into the hull top (though this intentionally remains rare).
* The glacis/hull-roof armor plate on the Tiger front is thicker.
* PSW 222 and PSW 223 are capable of firing weapons after losing a crewman, and have slightly improved commander's visibility when buttoned up.
* Troops hiding in trenches or foxholes get better protection from shrapnel.
* Direct hits do more damage to trees.
* The unit auto-purchaser is improved.
* Air support may only be purchased during daytime with clear or hazy weather.
* When a forward observer cannot see where spotting rounds impact, he will usually require another round to be fired rather than skip ahead to fire-for-effect with poor accuracy.
* White phosphorous (smoke) does not cause unrealistically high casualties.
* Soldiers can spot anti-tank mines (in addition to anti-personnel mines).
* Soldiers are quicker to stop attempting to surrender if friendly soldiers are nearby and enemies are not.
* Troops may throw grenades from buildings at open-topped vehicles.
* Corrected some minor pathing problems across bridges.
* Keyboard camera controls are smoother (Windows version).
* When attaching targeting orders to a waypoint, the range display is calculated from the waypoint, not the unit's current location.
* Clicking Exit or New in the Editor brings up a confirmation dialog.
* MP40 ammo pouches display correctly on German soldiers.
* Updated US rank icons.
* Fixed some out-of-memory problems.
* And lots more...
Battlefront is an independent war and strategy game developer and publisher since 1999, and home to one of the largest and fastest growing wargame communities on the web. Copyright (C) 2011 Battlefront. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.