July 25, 2011 in iOS Development (E)
[prMac.com] Chichester, United Kingdom - CodeStore announces the availability of an updated iOS app template Comic Book App v1.1, a quick and easy way to publish a comic book (with optional background music) on the App Store, without the need to learn how to develop an App. The easy to use template loads your pages in JPEG format, and outputs a native iPad app, ready for the App Store. The Comic Book App project v1.1 has the following features:
* Loads pages from image files, easily add pages to the project, no coding required
* Simply save your pages as .jpg files and the Comic Book App will display them in sequence. (page1,jpg, page2.jpg, page3.jpg, etc)
* Tap-to-zoom, adapt the zoom level to suit your comic
* Supports high-resolution images for great detail even when zoomed. (up to 1536x1920)
* Optional background music, simply add a file named background.mp3, easy
* Swipe between pages, or use on-screen buttons
* Quickly jump between pages with the on-screen menu
* Link to your website or other apps from the on-screen menu
* Animated page transitions, and app launch animation
* Supports an unlimited number of pages. Example comic book included
CodeStore offers a range of projects for producing apps for iPhone and iPad, the projects on offer allow authors who may not be familiar with coding or software development to easily create an app from their content. The projects are apps that load content in HTML or JPEG format - so no knowledge of the Objective-C programming language is required to create a native iPad and iPhone app using the templates.
The CodeStore templates have opened up the App Store market to a world of authors who had previously got stuck at the hurdle or either learning iOS software development, or paying an expensive price to have an app built for them. Hundreds of projects have been sold, and many of the best creations are showcased on the CodeStore website, along with links to download them from the App Store.
* Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or 10.7 Lion
* Xcode 4 (Free download via Mac App Store)
Pricing and Availability:
The Comic Book App v1.1 project can be purchased for $29.00 (USD). One purchase allows an author to release as many apps as they like. All five CodeStore book projects can be purchased together for just $59.00.
Chris Mayer is an iOS and Mac developer based in Chichester, UK. Chris has developed apps in a number of categories, mostly focusing on games, entertainment titles and books. Copyright (C) 2010-2011 Chris Mayer. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.