July 25, 2011 in FileMaker (F)
[prMac.com] San Diego, California - Productive Computing, Inc., a Platinum member of the FileMaker Business Alliance, has announced the release of the Change Printer 4.0, plug-in for FileMaker Pro(R). The new features are as listed:
* Enhanced error trapping method using the new PCCC_GetLastError( Type ) function. Most plug-in functions now return the !!ERROR!! string in the event of an error or a 0 for a success. Immediately after an error occurs, please call the PCCC_GetLastError function to obtain a textual or numerical description of the error. If upgrading from the previous versions, please note that you will need to change your scripts to accommodate for the new method of error trapping.
* Added optCopies parameter to PCCC_Change Printer function. This parameter determines the number of copies the job will print and is available on both Mac and Windows platforms.
* Added optSource parameter to PCCC_Change Printer function. This parameter determines which source tray the paper will come from on the printer and is available on both Mac and Windows platforms.
* Added optOrientation parameter to PCCC_Change Printer function. This parameter determines the portrait or landscape orientation of the page that prints. This parameter is only available on Windows. On a Mac you can use the FileMaker "Print Setup" script step to select the orientation.
* Enabled the optPause parameter of the PCCC_Change Printer function to work on both Windows and Mac. This parameter allows the user to determine how long the print dialog will be displayed before the print job proceeds.
Want help getting this plug-in professionally installed into your FileMaker solution? Do you have other database enhancements you would like to have programmed? Plug-in Integration and FileMaker Pro Support can help. Complete our online Request a Quote form or call us directly. One of our certified developers can work with you on improving your solution today.
* Compatible with OS X 10.4.11 - 10.6
* Windows XP, Vista and 7
Price and Availability:
The Change Printer plug-in starts at $74.95 USD or equivalent amount in other currencies.($48.72 upgrade) for a single user.
Since 1996, Productive Computing, Inc. has been helping its customers become more efficient and profitable by providing a solid foundation of indispensable technology consulting and FileMaker Pro development services. Productive Computing, Inc. also produces several software solutions such as Core3 CRM, Core2 CRM, Core2 Invoices, FM Work Orders, OrgPlanner and IT Asset Manager as well as a suite of FileMaker Pro plug-ins that allow FileMaker Pro to integrate with third party applications including Outlook, QuickBooks, Constant Contact, Entourage, the Apple Address Book, Apple Mail and iCal, PDF forms, digital signatures, credit card processing and biometric fingerprint scanners. Copyright (C) 2011 Productive Computing, Inc. All Rights Reserved. All other names are the property of their respective companies in the US and other countries.