July 27, 2011 in FileMaker (E)
[prMac.com] Crestline, California - Dracoventions today is pleased to announce the immediate availability of 2empowerFM Hands-Free Printer v2.5 for FileMaker Pro. This release adds the ability to control the two-sided printing option on Macintosh and also adds OS X 10.7 Lion compatibility. The rest of the 2empowerFM plug-in family has also been tested to be Lion compatible.
About Hands-Free Printer:
Hands-Free Printer is the world's only FileMaker printer plug-in that can individually control every printer setting in the Windows Print and Print Setup dialogs along with similar options in the Mac OS X print dialog.
Mark Anderson of Floristware, who helped beta test the plug-in, says, "Earlier today I mentioned a "cross-platform printer control" plugin to a FileMaker developer and he freaked out. I believe a lot of people need this and have just given up on hoping for it."
2empowerFM Hands-Free Printer is like a robot that clicks and types options in the Print dialog faster than the eye can see. That means it works with almost any printer, allowing users to:
* Open the Print dialog, select your printer, set individual printer options, then print - all from a script with no user interaction required.
* Allow users to choose a few print options from a FileMaker layout, then let Hands-Free Printer take care of the rest.
* Guide users through complex print jobs where they are instructed to put in different types of paper or envelopes, then click a button to continue printing.
* Set each printer option independently, not as a group like with FileMaker's "restore print settings" feature. A few independent settings can replace dozens or even hundreds of "restore print settings" steps.
* The system default printer and default printer settings are never changed.
* No special system software or settings are required. There is no need to turn on "access for assistive devices" on Macintosh and no AppleScript or VBScript is used.
Pricing and Availability:
2empowerFM Hands-Free Printer v2.5 is a free upgrade for those who purchased the plug-in within the last year. New Hands-Free Printer licenses start at $89 for a single user and upgrades after a year are half price. Developer (redistribution) licenses are also available. Fully functional, 30-day demo copies can be downloaded with no sign-up required.
At Dracoventions, we invent software. Whether we're finding ways to let you search all your FileMaker scripts or automate print jobs, we're always inventing new tools to empower your use of FileMaker. Dracoventions is a FileMaker Business Alliance (FBA) member and is located in Crestline, CA, USA. With over 25 years of software engineering experience, company founder Chris Dragon was inspired by the business needs of his former employer to create the 2empowerFM Family of FileMaker Plug-ins. These plug-ins include Developer Assistant, Dialog Master, Menu Popper, SQL Runner, Clipboard Explorer, and Text Toolkit.