Wooords - it's like fridge magnets - launches on the App Store
July 30, 2011 in Games
[prMac.com] Wellington, New Zealand - StrayRobot has announced their first mobile game Wooords. Wooords is a freeform word game that draws the player in with simple game mechanics and an uncluttered user interface. The object of the game is straight forward, touch, move and combine the jumbled letters on the screen to form words. Making more complex words will give you more points and forming multiple words in quick succession increases your score multiplier. There are three game modes to choose from:
* Classic mode encourages the player to take all the time they need, find as many words as possible with the nine letters provided. Finding words will increase points and award stars. Achieving one star will unlock the next puzzle, however to stay competitive on the leaderboards, the player will need to reach three or more stars.
* Daily Words releases a new set of letters every twenty four hours. Reaching the top of the leaderboard will require practice. String combos together and keep the score multiplier high to ensure the most competitive score.
* Word jam will push the player to their limit, its about reaching the target score within the word and time limit. The goal is to get through as many of the quick fire rounds as possible. There's no time for thinking, the player will need to be ready from the start. Combo multipliers carry through to the start of each successive round so it pays to end and start each round with a bang!
* Fast fridge magnet like gameplay
* Create words in quick succession to get combos and multipliers
* 3 game modes to test your vocabulary, speed and concentration
* 30+ puzzles will push you to the limits
* Challenge your friends to a daily puzzle
* Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements
* Original sound track
* Syncd across multiple devices
* Universal App for iPhone/iPod/iPad
* iPhone, iPod touch or iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later (iOS 4.0 Tested)
* Universal Application
* 15.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Wooords 1.1 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
StrayRobot was formed late 2010 in Wellington, New Zealand by a small group of ex-console developers. Console titles worked on by the team include Speed Racer, Jackass and GripShift. The studio aims to bring console quality, highly polished titles to the iOS and Android platforms. Copyright (C) 2011 StrayRobot. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Founder / Developer