July 31, 2011 in Books (F)
[prMac.com] Bussum, Netherlands - OCG Studios and Roxie Munro has introduced Roxie's Doors 1.0, their brand new iPad app. In "Roxie's Doors," you can choose to be read to in rhyme by the author, or you can read the book yourself. Words light up as the child finds over 90 hidden objects in the busy, cartoon-style drawings. Check out the 3-D! Tilt the iPad - the screen will move and you can look into every angle, every corner. "Roxie's Doors" has many surprising elements. Open mysterious doors, lift firehouse flaps, raise boat hatches, peep into doctor's cabinets, look out train windows, and peak under a car's hood. Float in space, check out a theater's back stage - and in each of these secret fascinating worlds, animate hidden objects and activate a multitude of sounds.
Awards for Roxie Munro's "Doors" book:
* Child magazine's Best Book of the Month
* Horn Book Summer Reading Choice
* Bank Street College Best Book of the Year Selection
* Scholastic Parent & Child Best New Book
Some quotes from reviews for "Doors" book:
* "...Children will pore delightedly over each detail. Never have the pleasures of discovery been more generously fulfilled." Kirkus.
* "...From a barn to a space shuttle, all teem with the visual details kids love to get lost in." Child magazine.
* "This is a book that's sure to have kids lining up at your door." School Library Journal.
Seek-and-find games are good for children's' visual discrimination and concentration. With the help of this app, children can also increase their vocabulary, by searching for objects that might be new words for them.
* Requires iPad OS 3.2 or later
* 143 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Roxie's Doors 1.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category.
OCG Studios develops and design beautiful apps for iOS and Android. Copyright (C) 2011 OCG Studios All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.