August 1, 2011 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Leamington Spa, United Kingdom - DemonStudios today is pleased to announce the second big update to its real-life pencil and paper iOS war simulation, Lead Wars. Version 1.2 adds an all-new single-player Campaign, where players can rise up the Army ranks as they complete over 70 mini-missions. Two new Standard Maps have also been added to the newly named Battle mode, which lets players play head-to-head online over Game Center, 2-player on the same device or single-player against the CPU.
Many improvements have also been made to the Map Creator, the AI, and tweaks have been made to the shot/move mechanic making making it easier to move short distances. An introductory demonstration video has also been added, which will help illustrate to players what the game is all about by showing it being played in real life and how the game simulates the same physical pencil-flicking action. A longer hi-res version of this real-life demonstration video can be seen on the website.
About the game:
Lead Wars is a turn-based pencil and paper war game, where skill is just as important as strategy. Each player controls a fleet of planes, tanks and artillery units around a hand-drawn battlefield on a piece of paper, making long curve shots and strategic moves to try and outwit and out-skill their opponent. It is a game that can be played for real with a pencil and an actual piece of paper, and the game's unique play mechanic simulates the same technique used when playing the real physical game.
* Online head-to-head multiplayer using Game Center
* Rise up the Army ranks in an all-new Single Player Campaign (70 missions!)
* Battle solo vs-CPU or 2-Player tabletop / pass 'n' play
* Map Creator - create your own battlefields
* 21 Game Center Achievements (9 secret ones) overall Leaderboard
* Highly configurable rules of battle
* See your online opponent look around and make their moves in real time
* Simple touch controls easy to learn but tricky to master
* Training missions to take you through how to play
* Tanks and Artillery Units, and Planes that can take off and land
* 8 standard battlefields (or create your own!)
* Four types of paper and three pencil leads
* 'MoveAid' display and in-game tips for beginners
* Have up to 25 local games on the go at once with auto-save
* Store up to 75 custom maps
* Search for an online opponent in the background while playing single-player
* Share your own maps by playing them online
* Play your iPod music in the background
* Auto-rotating OSD - play in any orientation
* Automatic state resume, even on old devices
* Universal App (iPhone, iPod touch and iPad) with full Retina Display support
* Hand-drawn doodle pencil graphics and verbal sound effects - just like the real game
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 13.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Lead Wars 1.2 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Located in Leamington Spa, United Kingdom, DemonStudios Ltd was founded in 2008 by James Shaughnessy. In 1997 he discovered the Net Yaroze home-development system and enjoyed the home-brew style of working. Soon after having got his first game 'Gravitation' onto the Official UK PlayStation Magazine cover-disc in 1998, began work for Codemasters in the UK. After 11 great years there working on top titles he decided it was time to leave and work for DemonStudios (which had been dormant for 12 months) and go back to his one-man development roots regaining full creative control. Work is currently underway on the next Lead Wars update which will add asynchronous play, a feature requested by many Lead Wars fans and a feature which is coming to Game Center in iOS 5. An educational 3D LOGO programming app is also in development called Logograph, along with some other new and exciting ideas. All Material and Software Copyright (C) 2011 DemonStudios Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.