April 16, 2007 in FileMaker (F)
[prMac.com] April 16th, 2007, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands--Troi Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi File Plug-in 3.6.1 for FileMaker Pro 8.5.
Troi File Plug-in 3.6.1 runs natively with FileMaker Pro 8.5 and FileMaker Advanced 8.5, but also with FileMaker Pro 7 and FileMaker Pro 8.
- Version 3.6.1 is a maintenance release, which fixes a few bugs.
What is Troi File Plug-in?
Troi File Plug-in is a very powerful tool for getting access to information outside the FileMaker Pro database. Any files or folders stored on the computer can be accessed through the functions of the plug-in. All from within FileMaker Pro you can:
- get data from files that are on the disk of the computer into FileMaker Pro
- create files anywhere on the hard disk and put data from FileMaker fields into them
- manipulate files and folders on the disk: this includes creating, deleting, copying, moving and modifying files and folders
- query detailed information of files: the size on disk, creation and modification dates and much more
- launch files with their appropriate application directly from FileMaker Pro
- read and write IPTC metadata to JPEG images!
What is changed?
The improvements in version 3.6.1 are:
- Fixed a bug in writing out binary data with the switch "-Encoding=ASCII_Mac", in both the TrFile_SetContents and TrFile_AppendContents functions.
- Made improvements to the IPTC_Manipulation.fp7 example.
Troi File Plug-in allows you to:
- Batch import any file, anywhere
- Let the user select a folder and process the contents of this folder
- Create a web site by exporting multiple HTML files
- Update solutions, by moving database files into place
- Read and write custom formatted files, for example from legacy systems
- Catalog complete projects, including pictures, and the metadata like EXIF and IPTC
All these features also work in a runtime solution. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see what you can do with it!
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins.