August 11, 2011 in Entertainment (E)
[prMac.com] Peoria, Illinois - Onomaly Software today is pleased to announce the release of iRunTrains 1.4.1, a 3D, hobby train simulator for the iPad. With this train set on iOS, you can even take a virtual ride on steam trains! The scenery backdrop includes a slowly moving sky overhead and shimmering waves along the shore. Fun to play and pleasant to just watch, this app is fun for all ages. An iPhone version of iRunTrains is also available on the App Store.
Control the trains. Speed them up. Slow them down. Put them in reverse. Activate track turn switches. It's 3D, so watch the trains from any angle. Pinch to zoom in or out. Drag to angle the landscape for a better view. Select the track layout, terrain colors and textures. iRunTrains is like having a train set in your pocket.
One iTunes iRunTrains user declares, "If you like model trains, you'll love this." Another declares, "It's got plenty of well-thought-out features, endless views and options."
* Drive your trains: Control speed, direction and braking with touch train selector, throttle and brake controls
* Watch your trains: Select from many dynamic views that "chase" and track the trains. One chase view includes helicopter sounds
* Ride your trains: Choose from 4 different vantage points on train engines or cabooses
* Guide your trains: Activate the color-coded turn switches just in time to avoid "calamity"
* Train wrecked? No problem they bounce away and are immediately ready for more action
* No big setup; play iRunTrains immediately
* Full touch gesture-based interface; pinch to zoom; drag to change view angle; tap to pan
* Excellent 3D graphics
* Seaside layouts with shimmering sea and changing tide
* Immersive 3D audio
* Steam whistles, bells, and chugging sounds
* Real train physics that include collision and derailment detection
* 7 track layouts
* Capability of posting a photo from album or camera (iPad 2) to the billboard
* Choice of sea type, terrain color and textures
* Moving traction bars on engines
* 6 viewing modes
* Hideaway controls
* Help overlay
* US English, German, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish
* Compatible with iPad, iPad 2
* iOS 3.2 or later
* 15.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
iRunTrains 1.4.1 ($2.99 USD) is available worldwide through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
iRunTrains on iOS is a collaboration between Onomaly Software and Code-Puppy Software. With headquarters in Illinois, Onomaly LLC was founded in 2008 to develop innovative, entertaining and engaging apps for Apple iOS. Onomaly LLC offers iRunTrains and several other well-reviewed apps through the App Store. Other Onomaly apps that have received national media attention are notepiler 9 and Vow Box. Copyright (C) 2011 Onomaly LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, iPhone, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.