August 22, 2011 in Navigation (F)
[prMac.com] Falkensee, Germany - MovingWorld has announced GeoGuide 3D Worldwide Maps and Tracks 2.4. Traditional navigation systems are only at home on the road: Outside of the road system they just show bare no man's land - which is of absolutely no help to outdoor athletes, hikers and geocachers. This special group of people requires a unique solution to get orientated.
GeoGuide 3D helps to get oriented outside of the road system by utilizing a precise elevation model as well as maps from OpenStreetMaps and OpenCyclemaps. A desired map section may be downloaded worldwide onto the iPhone. It can be used completely offline since an internet connection may not always be available.
The 3D map offers a good deal of information regarding one's own surroundings. It points out lakes, rivers, mountains and hills, roads, paths and other landmarks. The display of altitude levels helps with the three-dimensional orientation of the current position; determining the present elevation plus the elevation of the desired destination. Even in unfamiliar terrain the compass indicates the direction so that nobody gets lost.
Additionally GeoGuide 3D imports routes including stopovers and records and analyzes them. This is naturally of great interest to hikers and athletes. At the end the recorded routes can even be sent out via e-mail.
In a nutshell:
* Update: GeoGuide 3D 2.4 now available
* 3D - Outdoor app for the iPhone
* Perfect for tourists, geocachers, athletes and hikers
* Worldwide 2D and 3D offline maps
* Helps to get orientated, records the route
* Upcoming POIs, such as towns, mountain tops, lakes, springs, forests
* New: Importing and setting up of waypoints
* New: Displays remaining distance and altitude
* New: New map*mode with bicycle computer
* New: Incorporates destination flag into the compass
* Bargain Price: $ 1.99 (normally $ 2.99)
GeoGuide 3D 2.4: New version available for one week at a bargain price
GeoGuide 3D is constantly being refined. There are approximately 70,000 users. Many of them help the developers by repeatedly communicating requests and suggestions which will be implemented as soon as possible. Besides countless small changes the new version 2.4 implements a large number of modifications:
* Displays the remaining distance: The app now shows the remaining distance of a selected tour and also displays the difference in altitude that has to be overcome.
* Bicycle Computer: A new map-mode is available. Just below the map a complete bicycle computer will be superimposed. This way not only the route is displayed but the cyclist is also able to see the current speed and the distance that has been traveled already.
* Destination flag on the compass: In addition to calculating the distance, a destination flag will be displayed directly on the compass. Especially when geocaching the desired location can be reached by using just the compass.
* iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later
* 7.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
GeoGuide 3D Worldwide Maps and Tracks 2.4 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Navigation category.
MovingWorld is a 3D - modelling and software company based in Wurzburg, Germany. They are experts in the area of realtime 3D, interactive websites and rendering and visualizing of 3D and 4D data. The CEO is Moritz Gaupp. Copyright (C) 2011 MovingWorld All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.