August 23, 2011 in Music and Recording
[prMac.com] Vancouver, Canada - Zygoat Creative Technical Services today is excited to announce the release of Doggiebox 2.0, a major update to the beloved percussion sequencing (drum machine) software for the Mac. Doggiebox 2.0 is a significant and long-awaited update that brings a number of new features, enhancements and bug fixes, including:
* Improvements to song editing and playback, including new contextual menus, drag-and-drop, and playhead control
* A live recording mode for drum input using the keyboard or a MIDI device
* Support for sound files of arbitrary audio sample rate and bit depth
* A re-designed drum kit editor
* Better and more automated drum kit reconciliation when switching kits in a song
* Automatic software updating
A much more detailed list of changes can be found at Zygoat online.
Zygoat Doggiebox is a versatile percussion sequencer (drum machine) for the Mac, designed with power and ease-of-use in mind. Whether you are a hobbyist or a professional musician, Doggiebox provides the flexibility and precision to create realistic drum tracks in minutes.
Since its inception in 2002, Doggiebox has been designed for home-recording and studio musicians of all stripes. Whether you want to quickly produce a demo, or work out an intricate backing track as you develop a song, Doggiebox is the friendly and versatile tool to fill that gap. With Doggiebox, you can:
* Create percussion tracks of unlimited length and complexity, including arbitrary tempo and time signature changes
* Input and adjust events using the mouse, the keyboard, or any MIDI input device
* Define, arrange and re-use sections (such as verses and choruses) by dragging and dropping, for efficient song building
* Export songs as audio files, or play them back in real time through any MIDI-compliant device or application
* Create and customize drum kits using your own sounds and iconography, and try out different kits while working on a song
Doggiebox 2.0 requires Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or later; Mac OS X 10.6 or 10.7 is recommended.
Pricing and Availability:
Doggiebox costs $39 (USD), and is available now. Upgrading from version 1.x is free for users who purchased Doggiebox after 2009. A free trial version can be downloaded. Doggiebox includes a full User's Guide and demo files, and additional resources are available. Users are encouraged to join an e-mail discussion list to connect with other Doggiebox users.
Zygoat Creative Technical Services is a computing and communications consulting proprietorship operated by Ben Kennedy in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. In addition to Mac OS X and iOS software design, Ben also works in film and video post-production and is himself an amateur musician. Copyright (C) 2011 Zygoat Creative Technical Services. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.