August 26, 2011 in Mac OSX (E)
[prMac.com] Blacksburg, Virginia - St. Clair Software today is pleased to announce that Default Folder X 4.4.4 is available immediately. This release fixes a number of compatibility issues in its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs. Honored with Macworld Magazine's Editors' Choice Award for Best System Enhancement Utility, Default Folder X makes Open and Save dialogs "work the way they should."
Default Folder X's custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, Spotlight comments and tags are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
Default Folder X 4.4.4 includes compatibility fixes for Mac OS 10.7 Lion and Safari 5.1. These include:
* Support for Gmail and other plugin-based file dialogs in Safari 5.1.
* Corrected crashes in Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Word, Handbrake, and other applications.
* Default Folder X's menubar menu now works with the right mouse button as well as the left.
* Fixed a crash in TextSoap and other applications when using a file dialog for the second or third time.
* Eliminated a crash that could occur on launch with some applications, including Filemaker Pro.
* Fixed a problem with Default Folder X's windows coming up in the wrong space when using full-screen mode in Lion.
St. Clair Software recommends that anyone using Default Folder X install this free update. If you are running Lion, it is essential that you do so. Default Folder X 4.4.4 also supports Mac OS 10.5 and 10.6.
* Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6, or 10.7 (Lion)
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 4.4.4 is a free update for existing version 4 users. It is $14.95 (USD) for users who bought licenses before June 1, 2007, and costs $34.95 for new users. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screencasts, screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information.
St. Clair Software, based in Blacksburg, VA, is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, P.O. Box 10184, Blacksburg, VA 24062-0184, USA, fax: 540-552-5898.