October 10, 2008 in Mac OSX (F)
[prMac.com] Austin, TX - Intego, the Macintosh security specialist, today announced the release of VirusBarrier X5 10.5.4, an update to its acclaimed antivirus software that Macworld calls "the gold standard". This new version improves performance and enhances compatibility and reliability across the board. This update includes the following changes:
* Improved performance of the real-time scanner when scanning network volumes
* Better memory, process and quarantine management for the real-time scanner
* Improved management of iPhones and iPod touches
* Enhanced support for backup software, especially Apple's Time Machine
* Improved handling of FileVault volumes
* Better performance when scanning archives
* Improvements to the quarantine feature, Turbo mode, and log management
* Improvements to the command-line scanner
* Fixes for issues with manual and scheduled scans
VirusBarrier X5 is the only antivirus program that can scan files and applications on the iPhone and iPod touch in search of malware or files that indicate that exploits have compromised the devices.
VirusBarrier X5 10.5.4 is available now. This version is a free upgrade for all users of VirusBarrier X5, and is available for download via NetUpdate, Intego's automatic update tool.
Intego develops and sells desktop Internet security and privacy software for Macintosh. Intego provides the widest range of software to protect users and their Macs from the dangers of the Internet. Intego's multilingual software and support repeatedly receives awards from Mac magazines, and protects more than one million users in over 60 countries. Intego has headquarters in the USA, France and Japan.