October 7, 2008 in Promotions (E)
[prMac.com] Evansville, Indiana - Second Gear, a leading developer of productivity applications for Mac OS X, has announced a Halloween promotion for their flagship application Today. Through the month of October, users can pick up a license for Today for the price of $12, a 20% discount off the regular price.
Today makes it easy to get a one day snapshot view of your upcoming events and tasks in a compact window. Assign a keyboard shortcut, and you can toggle Today's visibility in a split second. Adding new events and tasks is just as easy. You can quickly schedule next week's meeting or a quick task in Today. No iCal required.
Today is a first class citizen for Mac OS X Leopard. Since Today uses the same calendaring and tasks system as iCal and Apple Mail, changes you make either application are automatically shared with Today. Events created or edited on your iPhone or iPod touch will also be shared with Today on your next sync.
Feature Highlights in Today:
* See events and tasks for each day
* Filter events and tasks based on calendars.
* Create new events and tasks directly from the application
* Smaller footprint than iCal
* Synchronizes calendar information from iPhone and iPod touch
* Synchronizes between multiple Macs using MobileMe
* Excellent keyboard-based navigation for power users
* Works with Mac OS X Leopard's system-wide calendar store
* Requires Mac OS X v10.5 or later
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 5.4MB of hard drive space
Pricing and Availability:
Today 1.3 regularly sells for $15.00 (USD), but can be purchased for $12.00 (USD) through the month of October. Today 1.3 offers a fully featured 10 day trial period.
Second Gear LLC is based Evansville, Indiana. Founded in 2006 by Crew Chief Justin Williams, Second Gear focuses on building beautiful Mac OS X and iPhone applications for consumers and business. Their first application, PocketTweets, is the most popular Twitter client for Apple's revolutionary iPhone.