September 2, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Edmonton, Canada - Returning to school? Want your child to get off to a strong start this year? Learning English as a second language? Simplex Spelling can help a student improve their spelling and reading skills. Already own the popular app? Take this opportunity to use the iTunes "Gift This App" feature to send your favorite student off to school prepared.
Simplex Spelling HD has had favourable reviews in the media. The premier iPad focused website, PadGadget, gave Simplex Spelling HD their PadGadget Recommended seal of approval with a 4/5 star rating.
Following are some of the positive comments made about Simplex Spelling HD in the PadGadget review by Jillian Halayka.
"If anybody in your life is learning to spell, this is a fantastically simple little app that could really help."
"The interface is foolproof. It is very easy to use and the narration is crystal clear."
"The instructions are easy enough that a school-aged child will be able to understand and follow them correctly."
The Daily App Show's Jerad Hill made the following comments regarding Simplex Spelling HD.
"If you are looking for a great spelling app, feature packed for your iPad, Simplex Spelling HD is your app."
"It's a beautiful app in its functionality."
"This is an app that you're going to spend some time in."
"Its not only just teaching you how to spell the words, it teaches you why they are spelled a certain way, so that you have a good understanding."
"I think you're really going to love this app."
Simplex Spelling HD takes a unique "reverse phonics" approach to spelling for more than 220 high frequency English words.
Success is guaranteed for every spelling word as each word can be pieced together from its smallest or simplex sounds. Spelling hints and rules are provided to students in context and only as they are needed. Simplex Spelling's letter by letter feedback system gives students immediate feedback as each letter in the spelling word is color coded to show if it is correct, correct but in the wrong place, or incorrect.
Simplex Spelling HD uses a multi-sensory approach to spelling. It is fun and easy to use and appeals to audio, visual, and tactile learners. Even students who have previously disliked spelling begin to enjoy it as they piece each word together like it is a puzzle.
* More than 220 high frequency spelling words to help build literacy
* Spelling words that are spoken and used in a sentence to establish context
* A powerful phonics hint feature that sounds out each word and provides a list of possible phonograms for each sound
* Contextually relevant spelling rule hints that help explain why words are spelled in a particular manner
* User stats screen automatically tracks words that are mastered and those that need more practice
* Support for multiple user accounts
* Support for both lower and upper case letters
* Support for both alphabetic and qwerty layout for letters
* Support for both US English and Canadian English spelling
* An approach that appeals to audio, visual and tactile learners
* Universal App that can be purchased once and will work on your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices
* Works with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, 3/4G iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 34.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Simplex Spelling HD regularly priced at $6.99, will be available on the App Store for $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) until Monday September 5th, 2011. Available worldwide exclusively on the App Store in the Education category by searching for 'Simplex Spelling HD'. Promo codes are available upon request. Please specify the website or blog being represented when making a request.
Pyxwise Software Inc. is an independent developer of family friendly games and educational software. It was co-founded by Craig Welburn B.A.Sc, B.Sc. and Lisa Welburn Ph.D. in 2011. The Pyxwise series of applications can be found on the App Store worldwide by searching for ‘Pyxwise Software Inc.’. Copyright (C) 2011 Pyxwise Software Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch are registered trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.