September 6, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] San Francisco, California - Glyfyx Inc announces Alphabuild, a one-of-a-kind letter game for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The game takes place in a whimsical letter factory, where players must capture objects from a conveyor to complete the alphabet. The first level is an easy, no-penalty way to practice letter recognition and construction. At higher levels, players must quickly dodge and zap obstacles before they cause trouble. Players collect power-ups, pop bonus bubbles, and earn stars and points along the way. Alphabuild lets you play as many rounds as needed to earn perfect gold stars for the whole alphabet. Rich visuals and snappy gameplay make Alphabuild a fun educational game for kids, and a compelling reflex game for parents.
* Six unique and colorful game screens to choose from
* HD images for the iPhone 4's Retina display
* Accelerometer feature: tilt your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to adjust game speed
* Play the letters alphabetically or in random sequence
* Includes a detailed Tutorial section; plus quick game hints on the Home screen
* Three difficulty levels, with separate score boards for each of them
* Go For Gold! You can keep playing more rounds until your alphabet is perfectly built and you've earned all gold stars
* Visual hints (optional) make it easier to spot the baddies
* Choice of Robot voice or Human (female) voice for all spoken messages; plus more detailed sound controls
* A-Z Soundboard Activity featuring Robot and Human voices
* A fully designed experience, with rich visuals, a fresh soundtrack and whimsical sound effects
* No sneaky in-app purchases, locked levels, or upgrade fees. Just a fun new way to play with the alphabet
* iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, 3/4G iPod touch, iPad 1 and iPad 2
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 37.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Alphabuild 1.01 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Glyfyx, Inc. is a game design company based in downtown San Francisco. The six-person company is an imprint of PSY/OPS, a typeface design firm that has created specialized fonts for some of the largest corporations in the world, including many videogame and technology giants. For its first iOS release, Alphabuild, the Glyfyx team wanted to pay tribute to the idea of building letters, something that is near and dear to their hearts. PSY/OPS was established in 1995, and Glyfyx was formally launched in the Spring of 2011. Copyright (C) 1995-2011 Glyfyx, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.