September 12, 2011 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Rhos-On-Sea, United Kingdom - Cookie Stumbler Mobile the iPad companion app for Cookie Stumbler for Mac OS X, is a web browser with sophisticated security features built-in.
Cookie Stumbler Mobile has built into it the same strong Ad-/Tracking-cookie detection mechanism as Cookie Stumbler for Mac OS X. Similar to the principle of an anti-virus software, Cookie Stumbler Mobile always stays up-to-date using regular definition updates (inApp purchase for customers not subscribing to Cookie Stumbler for Mac OS X necessary) and an intelligent heuristics Cookie detection & analysis engine, to ensure that no private information, which is stored in cookies or can be revealed by analyzing the surfing habits, is given away.
In addition to that, all other cookies can be deleted by selecting only to keep the cookies of the bookmarked sites and / or the cookies of visited sites making the selection process very straight forward. As not all users always use bookmarks for their favorite sites and sometimes enter addresses manually, these websites will be added automatically to a whitelist or "Keep-list" if selected. Websites, which the user deselects once, are added to a blacklist and will be included into the clean until taken off the blacklist manually.
Depending on the willingness of the user to 'administrate' the process or to just not bother and run the cleaning process automatically, Cookie Stumbler offers different levels of user involvement:
* Delete all ad-/tracking cookies on exiting the app, thus supporting the forgetful.
* Hit the "Clean Cookies" button in the app after either changing some selections or keeping the suggestions, which are made by the software.
Cookie Stumbler Mobile can synchronize the 'Keep-List', the 'Black List' and the definitions with its Mac OS X counterpart, which makes it easy to maintain those lists only once.
On top of these security features, Cookie Stumbler comes with fantastic web browsing features.
Those features are:
* The Reading Shelf which allows users to store as many pages as they want and read them offline, for example on an airplane
* Instaread which allows to display a simplified, easy accessible version of the page so that those pages become accessible to people with accessibility problems. In addition, loading times are greatly reduced
* Storing downloaded files on the iPad and sharing them with Dropbox, MobileMe, Google-Reader, Mail or any other WebDAV/FTP-service, which can be set up
* Private Browsing which puts Cookie Stumbler Mobile in a mode that it doesn't store any data locally
* A Built-in RSS-reader with a comprehensive of various international feeds. We will be adding suggestions automatically without any need for an application update
* Full Screen Browsing in order to use more screen estate for browsing
* Possibilities to share website links with friends and to print the website on iOS compatible printers
These features make it easy and convenient to browse the web with Cookie Stumbler Mobile and it keeps the confidentiality of user data always in its mind unlike other web browser for iOS and even on a full fledged computer.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 5.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
For a limited time only, CookieStumbler Mobile 1.0 is $3.99 USD (Reg $4.99 once the introductory offer expires) or equivalent amount in other currencies and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
Located in Rhos-On-Sea, United Kingdom, WriteIt! Studios Ltd. was founded in 2007. The company has successfully released so far WriteIt!, USB Backup and Cookie Stumbler and is releasing currently the next iteration of Cookie Stumbler Mobile, a companion app for the iPad to Cookie Stumbler for Mac OS X. All Material and Software (C) 2007-2011 WriteIt! Studios Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.