EditGroove UserMatic Is Now Shipping for Final Cut Pro
October 15, 2008 in Multimedia
[prMac.com] Los Angeles - EditGroove Software is proud to announce that UserMatic(TM) is now shipping. UserMatic(TM) is a powerful yet streamlined application for managing Final Cut Pro user preferences.
* Tired of having to "Trash Your Preferences" and start over from scratch?
* Want to have different versions of your editing settings for different types of projects, genres, etc.?
* Ever need to troubleshoot them or roll them back, because of stray experimentation or corruption?
* Weary of clashing with other users' ideas of how the FCP keyboard should be mapped?
* Want an easy means of calling up your own Preferences from more than one workstation?
UserMatic(TM) solves all of these issues once and for all, encouraging and facilitating experimentation in the thousands of ways Final Cut Pro can be customized. It leverages the editor's time and creativity - by enabling multiple versioning, rollback points, easier troubleshooting, multiple users, and even accessing the same preferences across multiple edit bays.
FCP settings that are stored in UserMatic(TM) include User Preferences, System Settings, Audio/Video Settings, choice of Easy Setup, Favorite Effects, Button Bars, Keyboard Layouts, Window Layouts, and more.
* Storage and Recall of an unlimited number of "user profiles" - each one containing a complete set of all possible customizations for Final Cut Pro.
* One-button Backup: of the entire Library of user profiles into a single date/timestamped .ZIP file. Useful for further versioning and archiving, as well as conveniently transporting FCP user preferences from one facility to another (e.g., via a USB flash drive).
* Trash button: reverts FCP back to its factory defaults, to clear existing customizations or for troubleshooting.
* "Safety net" feature: Overwritten and deleted preferences are actually stored away in 'Deleted' folder, just in case.
* Networking capability built-in. Simply pointing UserMatic(TM) to a network drive instantly allows for direct access to the same Library of user profiles from any number of FCP workstations (and potentially even from separate geographic locations, if desired).
UserMatic(TM) was unveiled publicly for the first time at the Sept. 24 meeting of the Los Angeles Final Cut Pro Users Group (LAFCPUG) in Hollywood. Founder Michael Horton declared it "one of the best presentations we've had in a very long time, if not ever."
Specs and Availability:
UserMatic(TM) is a Universal Binary (Intel/PowerPC). Requires Mac 10.3 or later. Price is $34.95 (USD), with volume discounts available.
EditGroove is a Los Angeles-based supplier of video post-production utilities, and editorial and consulting services. It was founded in 2008 by veteran Los Angeles editor Ron Diamond, who brought with him over 15 years online and offline video editorial experience on a multitude of platforms. Diamond is also known for having co-written, with author and former Lucasfilm evangelist Michael Rubin, the book "NONLINEAR: A Field Guide to Digital Video and Film Editing" (4th ed.).