September 15, 2011 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Rhos-On-Sea, United Kingdom - Cookie Stumbler 1.3. the newest iteration of the flagship app by WriteIt! Studios, brings the possibility to synchronize all configuration data and the definitions with our new app Cookie Stumbler Mobile for the iPad so that users can customize their configuration once and enjoy ad-free web browsing on their Mac and iPad.
Cookie Stumbler Mobile is a web browser which incorporates all the great features of Cookie Stumbler and is a feature-rich web browser in addition to that.
Further to that, speed improvements and schedules, which can be extended by actions like Growl Notifications, Clean AppStore Cookies, Voice Notifications and others available for free from our Extension Galleries, contribute to an excellent user experience.
Cookie Stumbler allows its users to scan for ad and tracking cookies and remove them with just a single click or fully automatically via schedules. Similar to the principle of an anti-virus software, Cookie Stumbler always stays up-to-date using regular definition updates and an intelligent heuristics Cookie detection & analysis engine, to ensure that no private information, which is stored in cookies or can be revealed by analyzing the surfing habits, is given away.
In addition to that, all other cookies can be deleted by selecting only to keep the cookies of the bookmarked sites and / or the cookies of visited sites making the selection process very straight forward. As not all users always use bookmarks for their favorite sites and sometimes enter addresses manually, these websites will be added automatically to a whitelist or "Keep-list" if selected. Websites, which the user deselects once, are added to a blacklist and will be included into the clean until taken off the blacklist manually.
Depending on the willingness of the user to 'administrate' the process or to just not bother and run the cleaning process automatically, Cookie Stumbler offers a wide range of options:
* Schedules, where the different cleaning selections can be combined and executed automatically at a freely selected point in time, thus supporting the forgetful.
* Download, install and customize your schedules with additional actions
* Automator actions, which can be integrated into other workflows.
* Hit the "Clean" button in the application after either changing some selections or keeping the suggestions, which are made by the software.
* Use the Inspector or the provided "Quick Look" option to look through the very details of the cookies of each website individually and delete them at will.
Features At A Glance:
* New Sync possibility with our new Cookie Stumbler Mobile for the iPad
* New Roccat support
* New Setup assistant to help with the first configuration of the application
* New Completely rewritten agent for running schedules
* New Spanish localization
* Our Extension Gallery allows to add actions to the schedules for free such as Growl notifications and others
* Deletion of persistent cookies such as "Evercookies"
* Management of local storage
* Scheduler to delete all known and identified ad / tracking cookies, non-bookmarked, non-keep list, non-browser history items at a freely configurable point in time
* Heuristics to detect ad/tracking cookies which are new and unknown so far
* Improved: Responsiveness of the app when handling huge databases
* filtering and deletion of all cookies except bookmark, history or 'keep list' items
* Mark new sites in an Apple Mail-style 'unread' flag
* Maintain a 'blacklist' to make subsequent cleans quicker and more efficient
* support of a variety of different browsers in one application and in one go
* service to update ad / tracking cookie definitions as soon as new ones are identified
* Automator actions to include Cookie Stumbler into your workflow
* Quick look feature to investigate the detail information of the stored cookies
* Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* G4 Processor, 1GHz or faster
* 20 MB Hard Drive space
Cookie Stumbler supports Mac OS X 10.5 or higher and all major web browsers for Mac OSX such as Safari, Firefox, Camino, Chrome, Chromium, OmniWeb, Roccat and also manages 'Flash-Cookies' or in other words Local Shared Objects.
Located in Rhos-On-Sea, United Kingdom, WriteIt! Studios Ltd. was founded in 2007. The company has successfully released so far WriteIt! and USB Backup and is releasing currently the next iteration of Cookie Stumbler, a privacy protection software. All Material and Software (C) 2007-2011 WriteIt! Studios Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.