September 16, 2011 in Productivity (F)
[prMac.com] Toronto, Canada - Quatrian has annouced Memagine 1.0.1, for iOS. Imagine showing your friends and family an ability to remember a list of up to 100 things and recalling any one of them when you need to. Whenever people use Memagine's technique, they can shop for groceries or remember what they need to accomplish without having to write a list.
Memagine shows how to stretch one's imagination and encourages outrageous, humorous visualizations for enhanced memory retention. Children, whose imaginations are less restrained are ideally suited. The app is guaranteed to elicit laughter while learning. Those who have learned the skill have shown a desire to demonstrate their new ability to their friends. Parents can learn the technique with their children and could initiate contests for remembering a list of items such as a shopping list.
* Demonstrates how to stretch your imagination for better retention
* Simple exercises for learning and reviewing Memagine's technique
* Simple memorization and recall practice sessions
* A person remembers an additional item with each completed level
* Included set of practice items for memorization and recall
* Recommendations for what needs review and practice
* Success rates per level and session so a person can decide what to review or practice
* Remembers dates so a person can view their progress over time.
* Ability to use a person's own items to practice with
* No advertisements
"I got this thinking I may be wasting my money, but instead, I found a different and useful app. My spouse can't believe that I can now memorize a grocery list. I went to the store and didn't forget a thing! Now we're thinking of having the kids use it. The technique that it has doesn't seem that complicated, and I understood it once I passed level 10. However, it isn't foolproof and is better for remembering things rather than concepts. Even though I've really just started with it, I've been able to use what I've learned to remember everyday tasks. Once I get through more levels, I can see myself using it to impress people (I'm no longer dating, so its mostly to keep my job). Not sure whether to tell my friends about this app. It's kinda like caffeine - wouldn't want to give away my edge."
"I started using this just to see how it worked but then I started getting hooked and now I can't stop using it. It seems amazing that I can remember so many items and most of the time I make almost no mistakes. To me it seems more like a game."
* Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 3.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Memagine 1.01 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) - available worldwide exclusively through the App Stores in the Productivity category.
Located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Quatrian is a provider of mobile applications. All Material and Software (C) 2011 Quatrian / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.