September 24, 2011 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Orleans, Canada - The team behind Hurdle Turtle, Canadian Indie development studio Holmade Games and UK-based iPhone developer Luke Zbihlyj, have combined forces once again to bring another of their old school arcade hits, Pixel Whirled, to the iPhone/iPod/iPad via the App Store. The game previously saw release on the Xbox 360 Marketplace.
As with its predecessor Hurdle Turtle, the new iOS version contains a slew of new features including global leaderboards via Game Center, achievements, new powerups, as well as both quests from the original version. A full feature list is included below:
* Addictive arcade gameplay
* Old school 8-bit graphics
* 2 exciting quests
* Unlockable hidden secrets
* 16 levels of frantic shooter action
* 8-bit chiptune soundtrack by the award winning Walz Music
* Game Center Global Highscores
* Game Center Achievements
* Intuitive touch controls that flip in real time with the action
* New powerups exclusive to the iOS version
* Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
* App Size 11.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Pixel Whirled 1.0.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Founded in 2007, Holmade Games is an independent game development company. Their special mission: to keep the spirit of retro gaming alive! Copyright (C) 2007-2011 Holmade Games. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.