Weather Mapper - New, Global Aviation Weather App for iPhone and iPad
October 7, 2011 in Weather
[prMac.com] Viera, Florida - Announcing that Really Neat LLC, the developers of Weather Mapper, has released a unique product for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users. Weather Mapper is a recently launched application for pilots and weather enthusiasts who want to check current and forecast weather conditions anywhere in the world. The app provides serious weather information such as ceilings, visibility, flight category, wind, temperatures, dewpoint and far more data, on a color-coded map for quick reference. Weather Mapper includes weather details for over 6,000 different airports worldwide.
Weather Mapper is a unique new product from Really Neat LLC. The application has been designed to offer comprehensive current, recent past and forecast weather conditions in a fast, easy-to-use interface.
Pilots, weather enthusiasts, travelers, and virtually anyone will find Weather Mapper a useful tool for quickly checking weather conditions anywhere in the world. All of the most important information is accessible from within the app.
Users can select from provided worldwide geographic regions, and they can also define favorite geographic regions that can be recalled with a single click. When any of the displayed airports is clicked, details for that station are displayed, like ceiling, visibility, flight category, dewpoint, temperatures and many other pieces of data that might be of interest. The map presentation is color-coded for fast interpretation of conditions, which is especially handy for pilots.
These are some of the features and details offered in Weather Mapper:
* Current, recent past and forecast conditions
* Flight category, ceiling, visibility
* Meteorologist-style wind plot for both direction and speed
* Temperature, dewpoint, relative humidity, pressure
* Sky, weather, heat index, wind chill
* Color-coded weather conditions for quick interpretation
* Table view of favorite stations
* Clicking map or favorite provides station details
* Station details include decoded (and raw) METAR and TAF
* Note: TAFs not available for all METAR locations
* Configurable display units for worldwide use
* Perfect for pilots, travelers and weather enthusiasts
* Free and fully functional for 10 days
* Continued use for only $0.99 (USD) per month or $1.99 per year
Weather Mapper includes station details for over 6,000 different airports worldwide, making it a truly unique and helpful product in the App Store.
* 3G, 3GS, 4 iPhone, iPod touch and iPad 1 and 2
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 11.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Weather Mapper 1.5 is Free for 10 days, subscription: $0.99 for one month, or $1.99 for one year and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Weather category. A totally-free lite version, Weather Mapper Lite is also available on the App Store.
Since 2010, Really Neat has been focusing on innovations in weather and technology for mobile application users worldwide. Copyright (C) 2011 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Media Contact for Really Neat LLC