October 7, 2011 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Tacoma, Washington - US based Logic Consulting LLC has just released an update to their top rated AR.Drone control app, Drone Ace, with four new, unique, features. No other app provides video recording, image capture, object tracking, autonomous flight, pre-programmed drone animations, and LED light control all in the same app. Now, with the updates it is truly feature packed.
New Feature 1: Simple Mode. Based on the feedback of many AR.Drone pilots, Simple Mode was created for those pilots that get disoriented when the quadrocopter faces them. Prior to Simple Mode, when this happened left became right and right became left. Now with Simple mode, pilots don't have to worry about which direction the AR.Drone is facing. When the pilot commands the drone to go left, it is going to go the pilot's left, no matter if it is facing North, South, East or West. Simple mode makes the AR.Drone easy to fly for non-seasoned pilots.
New Feature 2: Two Audible, Adjustable battery alarms. Now flyers never have to make emergency landings when the battery is about to drain. Drone Ace now has two battery alarms that go off at user selectable battery percentages. Hours of testing sounds resulted in the selection of two alarms that are easy to hear, even when next to the loud flying drone.
New Feature 3: Ten One Fling(TM) joystick support for iPad(TM). When Drone Ace is used from an iPad, pilots can now attach and control using Fling analog joysticks. Using the Flings, pilots can get a level of control found in RC controllers. Drone Ace is the first AR.Drone control app to be fully Fling compatible. Support for the Fling Mini is coming soon. To learn more about Fling visit them online.
New Feature 4: Ergonomic "Toe-In" adjustment. Pilot's thumbs don't all work the same, now they don't have to. The ergonomic "toe-in" adjustment only found in Drone Ace, allows the user to tweak their on-screen joystick rotation. This seemingly simple adjustment, makes the flight controlling experience more natural and comfortable than ever before. Pilots can make their controls fit them, instead of the other way around.
Logic Consulting would also like to announce the launch of drone-apps.com, a single place of discovery and support for all the company's AR.Drone apps. Drone Ace, Drone Master, and Drone RC app information can all be found along with support and user videos.
Summary of all features:
* Compatible with AR.Drone firmware 1.5.1 through 1.7.6
* Real time audio and video recording
* Image capture from AR.Drone cameras
* Standard accelerometer controls (Left and Right handed)
* RC style controls (RC Modes 1, 2, 3, and 4)
* LED Light control with variable speed
* Elevation inversion
* Combined Roll and Yaw for coordinated turns
* 16 pre-programmed flight actions (spin, rock, jitter, etc)
* Savable settings
* In App Media Browser
* Object recognition, detection, metering, and following
* Visual flight maximum setting controls
* Run a second, third, or even fourth device as a video display or recorder
* Real time HUD instruments
* Multiple HUD styles, Aviator or Minimal
* iPad Fling analog joystick support
* Two adjustable, Audio alarms
* Ergonomic joystick adjustments
* 3rd or 4th Gen iPod touch, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad or iPad 2
* Requires iOS 4.0 or 4.1 or later for video recording
* Universal Application
* 6.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Drone Ace 1.24 is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category for $5.99 (USD). A limited number of promotional codes are available to the media upon request.
Located near Tacoma, WA, USA, Logic Consulting LLC was founded in 2010. Initially focused on physics based entertainment apps, Logic Consulting has now branched out into robotic control. All Material and Software (C) 2011 Logic Consulting LLC / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Parrot AR.Drone is a trademark of Parrot. Fling is a trademark of Ten One Design LLC.