April 24, 2007 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] ALAMEDA, CA, USA, April 23, 2007: Karelia Software is pleased to announce the release of version 1.2 of Sandvox™, the pioneering website-building application for Macintosh OS X.
"This release is all about new features," said Dan Wood, cocreator of Sandvox. "We've listened to our active community of users and implemented some of the most requested capabilities. We are sure that current Sandvox users will immediately add some of Sandvox's new goodies to their websites, and that Mac users new to Sandvox will want to try out our huge suite of features."
New features in Sandvox 1.2 (a free update to registered users) include:
* Customizable banners in many designs, allowing users to substitute their image of choice to personalize their site;
* Four new pagelets incorporate dynamic content from other websites, display IM and Skype status, display the number of page views, and alert readers to the availability of RSS feeds (which are automatically generated during Sandvox's publishing process);
* Eight new website designs;
* The ability to mark pages as drafts to exclude them from publication;
* The ability to set alternative page titles to be used in the site menu; and
* An expansion of the Help library, which now features over 200 articles.
Version 1.2 offers a number of additional enhancements for users who purchase the Pro edition of Sandvox, including:
* A larger, resizable window for editing raw HTML, with built-in search and replace;
* Ability to edit as raw HTML any editable text area; and
* Integration with Google Webmaster tools including Sitemaps and Analytics (Google account required).
Sandvox 1.2 is available for downloading and purchase from Karelia's website at www.karelia.com in both regular and Pro editions. Single-user licenses are US$49.00 and US$79.00, respectively. Household licenses (allowing multiple users in one household), upgrades to the Pro edition, and site licenses are also available.
Developed with individuals, families, students, schools, and small businesses in mind, Sandvox features drag-and-drop website assembly, live editing without a preview mode, over forty stylish designs, and over a dozen types of innovative Pagelets, small areas of content that reside within a web page's sidebar.
Sandvox 1.2, a Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel architectures, requires Mac OS X "Tiger" version 10.4.4 and above. The program includes over two hundred detailed Help articles. Sandvox can build a website in any language, and includes localizations for French, Italian, Danish, German, Japanese, and Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
More information about Sandvox is available at Karelia's website (created with Sandvox, of course): <http://www.karelia.com/>.
Karelia Software is the California-based company that originally brought you Watson, the ground-breaking Macintosh Web utility, winner of the MacWorld "Eddy" and the Apple Design Award for "Most Innovative Application." Karelia is headed by Dan Wood and Terrence Talbot. We joined forces to create Sandvox when we realized that even for the technically inclined, it was just too painful to get words and pictures on the Web.