October 26, 2011 in Games (F)
[prMac.com] Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Independent developer Chin-Heong Khor released Disassembly 3D: Ultimate Stereoscopic Destruction 1.0 for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad on the App Store. Using realistic disassembly physics, Disassembly 3D simulates the experience of taking everyday objects apart. Screws, bolts, nuts and every single part can be removed by touch dragging in full stereoscopic 3D. Bomb mode allows for blowing objects up in slow motion bullet-time.
Disassembly 3D features detailed 3D models of twelve different objects ranging from furniture and appliances, to electronics. Players can interact, use and disassemble the object intuitively by just touching and dragging the parts. Camera control is achieved the same way, using pinch zoom to zoom in or out. Points are scored based on the complexity of the parts disassembled.
When the object is successfully disassembled, bomb mode is unlocked, which then allow players to blow the object up in slow-motion bullet time. Additionally, players can capture screenshots in-game and share the fruits of their destruction on Facebook.
As its name implies, Disassembly 3D features an optional stereoscopic 3D mode that allows for glasses-free viewing on the device itself using either cross-eye or parallel-eye viewing techniques. 3D TV support is scheduled for a future update.
"In today's app marketplace, it is very hard to be noticed unless you have a quality product that is unique, fun, and mind-blowingly awesome" said Chin-Heong Khor, the lead developer. "Disassembly 3D fulfills all of these criteria, especially the mind-blowing part!"
* 12 everyday objects ranging from furniture, appliances, electronics modelled in exquisite detail, right down to the final screw!
* Realistic physics - touch and drag parts to disassemble, move or drop them!
* Interactive objects - operate a blender or coffee machine, open doors and handles, and much more!
* Realistic destruction - bomb mode becomes unlocked once you successfully disassemble an object. Place the bomb then blow things up in slow motion 'bullet' time!
* Stereoscopic 3D mode - glasses free! wiggle, parallel eye and cross eye modes! 3D TV mode coming soon!
* High replay value - explore alternate ways to disassemble an object, or just blow it up for the fun of it!
* Facebook integration - share the fruits of your destruction with your friends!
* Universal app - works on all 3rd generation devices and above!
* Optimized for iPad 2 and iPhone 4S!
* iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 3G, iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 55.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Disassembly 3D 1.0 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games - Simulation category. The first three levels are provided free, the rest can be unlocked via In-App purchase.
Located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Chin-Heong Khor is a part-time independent games developer. He has more than 10 years of software engineering experience and is currently working full-time as software engineer in Grass Valley Malaysia Sdn. Bhd., a broadcast solutions company. All Material and Software (C) 2011 Khor Chin Heong / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.