November 7, 2008 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Mainz, Germany - Today, Synium Software is proud to release the brand new version of CleanApp, the popular uninstaller and system management tool. CleanApp 3 comes with a redesigned user interface and dramatically improved performance. The new version has been rewritten to leverage Apple's launchd for speedy background tracking of installations and programs' activities.
With its new status display CleanApp 3 presents constantly updated information on file and program access, tracked by its own Logging Service. The updated CleanApp Dashboard widget further speeds up system maintenance. CleanApp performs a direct Spotlight-enabled search for all programs installed on your hard drive and displays them in a comprehensive list, sorted by the moment they were used for the last time. With a single click, this powerful search algorithm enables you to find applications and tools you may only have used once and which now occupy valuable hard disk space.
* Get a quick overview of unused and obsolete files
* Search and delete unused language packes
* Search for large cache files which eat up hard drive space
* Archive applications you don't need at the moment. Also get an overview of related files.
New and enhanced features:
* CleanApp 3 is a complete rewrite, everything has been completely redesigned to be powerful, rock-solid and reliable
* New and unique 'Logging Service' monitors file-system-level activity of applications; this allows for complete tracking of programs and their related files - even in hidden folders, deep down in folder hierarchies, as well as in long-forgotten places
* Strongly improved user interface with a much clearer layout and quicker access to CleanApp's key features
* Customizable feature set allows users to adjust CleanApp's GUI to match personal requirements
* The new CleanApp Widget now supports multiple concurrent search operations
* Low CPU overhead and much smaller memory footprint than CleanApp 2.x, significantly improved overall performance
* Extremely fast retrieval of language packages
* More efficient Archiving now creates much smaller archives to save storage space
* Definable search paths for Old Files and Applications
* Integrated 'System Protection': important and system-critical programs and files will not be deleted accidentally; dedicated paths can now be protected manually
* US English
* More languages are due to be included with subsequent free updates
CleanApp 3 requires Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger or Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard or higher and runs natively on any PPC or Intel Macintosh
Pricing and Availability:
CleanApp 3 can be purchased for the introductory price of $13 (USD). Upgrades from previous versions of CleanApp are free - registration codes of these prior versions will automatically work with CleanApp 3.
Synium Software GmbH is a software development and consulting company, based in Mainz (Mayence), Germany. Apart from being a successful publisher within the Mac software market, we offer a popular web-based news service at mactechnews.de for the German-speaking audience. All Material and Software (C) 2005-2008 Synium Software GmbH / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.