IMS Ltd releases Kana 1.1 for iPhone and iPod Touch
November 13, 2008 in Games
[prMac.com] Wellington, New Zealand - Information Management Solutions Ltd is delighted to announce Kana 1.1, an update to their Japanese quiz game for iPhone and iPod Touch. Developed to take advantage of the iPhone's unique abilities and interface, Kana assists in learning and speeding up recollection of Japanese Hiragana and Katakana.
Perfect for manga readers, Japanese students, or children and family members of mixed Japanese families, Kana offers quick gameplay to keep the user moving and progressing. It sports an easy to use display that gives tacit feedback on which kana is needed to improve on most.
Kana 1.1 auto-saves progress if the user receives a phone call while playing, and automatically loads horizontally to offer a larger keyboard for kana entry. Among Kana's most unique features is that it learns about the users language knowledge as they play. The game auto tunes itself to focus on kana the user is having difficulty with, and stops asking kana they've demonstrated they know.
Kana features beautiful Japanese styled artwork to help users shift their mind to the right environment, and is great for beginners just starting out, or advanced students of Japanese. The application includes 12 levels to take the user through the basic vowels, to the more advanced Katakana and Hiragana. A scoring system keeps track of progress, and gives a goal to beat the next time the game is played. Stats are recorded to show progress through all 12 levels.
Feature highlights might include
* Two game types: Katakana and Hiragana
* Cute and friendly artwork to make learning more fun
* Quick gameplay to keep the user moving and progressing
* Instant feedback so learning is immediate
* Auto tunes itself to focus on kana that the user is having problems with
* Stats are recorded to show progress through 12 levels
* Easy to use display gives feedback on which kana is needed to improve on most
* A scoring system keeps track of progress, and gives a goal to beat the next time the game is played
* Auto-saves progress if the user receives a phone call while playing
* Automatically loads horizontally to offer a larger keyboard for kana entry
* US English
* iPhone or iPod Touch 2.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
Kana 1.1 is available exclusively through Apple's App Store.
Headquartered in Wellington, New Zealand, Information Management Solutions Ltd is a privately held company founded in 2000 by Tim Haines. As a software developer since 1992, Tim leverages his longtime experience with the goal to develop applications that improve communication between people. Copyright 2000-2008 IMS Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.