November 14, 2008 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Wellington, New Zealand - Majic Jungle Software is proud to announce DuckDuckDuck 2.0, an update to their nifty duck swimming game for iPhone and iPod Touch. Designed to take advantage of the iPhone's unique abilities and interface, DuckDuckDuck is a simple, yet deceptively challenging game offering beautiful highly realistic interactive water, rain and snow showers, reflected clouds and relaxing ambient sounds.
Game play is similar to an old time favorite where the user rolls metal balls into holes in a cardboard backing. DuckDuckDuck takes this concept to a whole new level, with an ever growing number of ducks, and cute yet beautiful graphics and sounds. The goal is to swim all ducks to matching, colored whirl pools. Tilt to swim ducks. Ducks can nudge other ducks off whirl pools, but don't tilt too far or they will swim away! And watch out for that goose. It has a mind of its own.
DuckDuckDuck 2.0 sports a much cleaner interface, improved performance and offers many new features, including new backgrounds, snow showers and sunset graphics, with improved water quality and realism. Version 2.0 also adds a visual timer with time goals to reach every 3 ducks in 'Challenge' mode.
New Features at a glance:
* Improved water quality and realism
* Visual timer added, with time goals to reach every 3 ducks in 'Challenge' mode
* New backgrounds, snow showers and sunset graphics
* Added goose every 3 ducks
* Cuter duck model
* Cleaner interface
* Instructions added
* Better performance with large numbers of ducks
* New wind chimes ambient sound when snowing
* 'Just for fun' mode allows configuration of graphics, number of ducks, and whirl pools
* Numerous bug fixes and gameplay tweaks
Feature highlights include:
* The most realistic water simulation on the iPhone
* Reflected clouds drift by with occasional showers of rain or snow
* Two modes of play - time challenge or just for fun
* Saves when you exit
* 'Just for fun' gives many options for graphics and game play
* Multi-touch realistic water interaction with sounds
* Every duck, whirl pool, rain drop, or touch influences the surface of the water
* 'Time Challenge' gives time goals to meet, as well as the chance to better your previous times
* Relaxing ambient sound effects with bird songs, water, wind chimes and rainfall sounds
* US English and Japanese
* iPhone or iPod Touch 2.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
DuckDuckDuck 2.0 for iPhone is only $0.99 USD and available exclusively through Apple's App Store.
Headquartered in Wellington, New Zealand, Majic Jungle Software is a privately held company founded in 2008 by David Frampton. As a software developer since 2003, David leverages his longtime experience along with the goal to develop best-of-breed games for the Mac and iPhone platforms. Copyright 2008 Jungle Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.