Moth Software releases Mail Archiver X 2.7 for Mac OS X
December 7, 2011 in Mail
[prMac.com] Heidesheim, Germany - Moth Software today is pleased to announce Mail Archiver X 2.7 for Mac OS X, an update to their app that serves as a companion to the user's current email application/client, allowing consolidation, archiving, cleaning, formatting, and permanent storage of emails. Emails may be saved in the application's native database format (Valentina), or in Evernote, Filemaker, PDF, mbox, Text, or XML database formats. Archiving emails from a variety of email applications into a single database, the app prevents accidental deletions, facilitates quick searches, and eliminates the storage size limits imposed by many email apps and companies. By saving emails in a single, standardized format, users are ensured that they can read all their emails, even those from legacy applications, from which they have subsequently migrated.
Moth Software has designed Mail Archiver X with speed in mind. Particularly valuable for businesses and individuals who may save hundreds of thousands of emails over many years, the app is several times faster than the fastest email app. Mail Archiver X employs the peerless Valentina database from Paradigma Software.
Following the archiving process, users may browse or search from the Mail Archiver X Browser.
New Features for Mail Archiver X 2.7 are:
* Mail Archiver is now compatible with Lion
* Attachments now have previews
* An application log shows how many mails were archived during archival
* Archival from Entourage/Outlook is faster
* Mails and their attachments can be exported to Evernote
Feature Highlights of Mail Archiver X are:
* An ideal email management and archive solution
* Protect and save all emails in a single archive folder
* Archives emails from the following formats: Entourage, Eudora, Mail, Outlook, Postbox, Powermail, Thunderbird, and standard mbox
* Exports emails to the following formats: Valentina (native), Evernote, Filemaker, PDF, mbox, Text, or XML
* Built-in email database browser
* Cleans emails of unnecessary characters and code
* Exchange is supported for Apple Mail, and Microsoft Entourage and Outlook
* Filemaker support, when using the Filemaker Version 10 browser
Compatible Email clients:
* Microsoft Entourage: 12
* Qualcomm Eudora: 6.0 or higher
* Apple Mail: any version
* Postbox: 1.0 or higher
* Microsoft Outlook: 14.0 or higher
* CTM Development Powermail: 5.1 or higher
* Mozilla Thunderbird: 3.0 or higher
* Mac OS X 10.6 or 10.7
Located in Heidesheim, Germany, the Moth Software team is a small independent software company founded by Beatrix Willius in 2004. Beatrix is an experienced project leader and developer with several years experience in Realbasic, Microsoft Access, Visual Basic, SQL, AppleScript and Filemaker. Copyright (C) 2011 Moth Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.