May 1, 2007 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Snowmint Creative Solutions LLC introduces Budget 5.2.1. Budget is a unique personal finance manager that is based on the tried and true envelope method of budgeting to help manage your income and expenses.
Money Management, Made Simple.
Unlike traditional finance managers that typically use a statement-style metaphor, Budget uses virtual envelopes that allow you to allocate money to specific expenses and shows how much money is left over after those expenses. Instead of showing how much money you have in your account, it allows you to visualize how much money you have left to spend. It's a much easier way to see where your money is, where it's needed, and where it went.
Income is recorded as a deposit in an account, then Budget will automatically distribute the income across virtual envelopes so the user can see at a glance the balance in each envelope. When a bill is due, the money is removed from the envelope and the payment is made. This makes Budget particularly useful because it tells you where your money is before you spend it, unlike other programs that tell you were your money went after you spent it.
"Budget 4.3.3 was the most unique ... when it comes to keeping track of your money according to the way you've earmarked expenses, Budget is superb. It's a perfect option for people who prefer to plan spending and saving..." MacWorld magazine - April 2004 issue.
Major Features in Version 5.2.1
* New Feature! Simplified Setup: Easier to use setup assistant with two levels of usage.
* New Feature! Dynamic Pay Options: See calculated pay allocations as you enter your expenses.
* New Feature! Streamlined Help Topics: New getting started section with more examples and screenshots.
* Bank Account Management: Record checks, debits, and deposits, and easily balance your checkbook.
* QIF Import: Convert data from other applications, or download your transactions from a bank.
* Define Pay Sources: Set up your income to automatically distribute funds to various envelopes.
* Credit Cards: Track your credit card spending, and stay out of debt.
* Pay Rules: Setup rules on how money is to be distributed to envelopes based on priority or your own criteria.
* Reconcile feature to keep bank and credit card accounts balanced.
* Repeating transactions features to assist with automating data entry.
* Envelopes may be grouped. (for example, gas, repairs and insurance being grouped under "Automobiles")
By using Budget's integrated wizard, set up is very simple. The first time the application is launched, it prompts for your bank (checking/savings) and credit card accounts, expenses, income and options. It then sets your budget allocations and your ready to start saving money.
Budget includes a variety of advanced features that let you balance your checkbook, record payments by check, debit or credit card and more. It can handle multiple bank accounts and income sources, and import account data from QIF files.
"I'm switching away from 8 years of using Quicken to maintain our family budget. I'm really very impressed with Budget. It provides exactly the simple, intuitive approach to short-term planning and budget discipline that I've been craving. Wonderful job!" - Mike Feeley
With direct deposit and decreased use of cash these days, envelope budgeting adds a unique convenience. Those who have trouble with readily available cash can avoid the temptation to use it to make impulse purchases. Budget makes it incredibly simple to see at a glance the total amount currently set aside for each spending category. If you are looking for a simple way to visually manage your finances without having to deal with complicated account management, Budget is for you.
* US English, British, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Polish
* Requires Mac OS X v10.2 or later.
* 5 MB Hard Drive Space
Lifetime Free Upgrade Policy:
Snowmint Creative Solutions LLC assumes 100% responsibility for your satisfaction. Once you buy one of our products, you won't have to pay for upgrades to the software again. When a new version of our software is made available, you may download the new version anytime. We are constantly improving our software by adding new features and fixing bugs. And you shouldn't have to pay again for those improvements.
Budget 5.2.1 comes with a 60-Day Unconditional Money-Back Guarantee and is only $29.95 USD. The trial has no definite expiration time; instead during the trial various features are disabled or limited. Academic and volume licensing available upon request.
Committed to providing the highest quality software, Snowmint Creative Solutions LLC was founded in 2002 for the purpose of publishing personal productivity software solutions, with a major emphasis on total customer satisfaction. Snowmint Creative consists primarily of Ron Hooper, Kyle Hammond.
Snowmint Creative Solutions LLC
656 Maple Street NE
Spring Lake Park, MN 55432-1118
Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.