May 2, 2007 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] FOR RELEASE MAY 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA - May 1, 2007 - SmileOnMyMac has released DiscLabel 4.2, an update of its award-winning CD/DVD label design software for Mac OS X, with a new visual effects dialog and enhanced tools for applying design features to objects.
The update is free for registered users of DiscLabel 4. A fully-functional demo version is available at http://www.smileonmymac.com/DiscLabel/download.html.
DiscLabel 4.2 offers more flexible image manipulation with the new Effects and Filters dialog. Effects and Filters allows users to preview and combine over 40 visual effects, including blurs, sharpening, color effects and masks. Also new in this upgrade is the ability to add a drop shadow to any object and to apply a stroke to an image.
DiscLabel 4.2 costs $32.95. Mac OS X 10.4 or later is required. The DiscLabel Family Pack, for up to 5 computers in one household, is $49.95. Upgrades from earlier versions of DiscLabel are $15.00, and free to users who purchased after August 1, 2006. The update is free for registered users of DiscLabel 4.
What's new in DiscLabel 4.2:
- New Effects and Filters dialog for more flexible image manipulation
- Stroke the edge of an image
- Add shadows to any object
- Support for printing HP CD/DVD tattoos
- Text Palette UI improvements
- Start with a pre-designed template, or make your own
- Import track lists from iTunes, iPhoto, iDVD, Finder, and Toast
- Import images from iTunes, iPhoto, and Finder
- Multiple layers, drawing tools and gradients for creating custom designs
- Print to most label and paper types
- Use with direct-to-CD printers and printable CDs / DVDs
- Use with LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling
- Purchase high-quality labels & supplies directly from the DiscLabel Store
- Download additional templates via the Internet
- Include (and edit!) multi-line text laid out in a circle
- Automate label creation with AppleScript
- Available in English, Japanese, German, Italian, and French
- Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and later
$32.95; Family Pack: $49.95 (up to 5 computers in one household)
Upgrade from earlier versions of DiscLabel: $15
Site licenses are available at reasonable rates. Contact email@example.com for information and rates.
SmileOnMyMac makes creative productivity software, such as DiscLabel,the Macworld Eddy award-winning CD label design program; PageSender,feature-rich fax software that also received an Eddy; BrowseBack, the visual web history tool that won Best of Show at Macworld 2006; and PDFpen, the PDF editing tool that garnered 4 mice from Macworld. All SmileOnMyMac products are available to download free at http://www.smileonmymac.com.