January 29, 2012 in Games (F)
[prMac.com] Unusual dynamics announces Transformoid 1.0.3 for Android and iOS devices. Like in the other games of this category, in Transformoid the player controls a racket moving right and left horizontally and uses it to rebound the ball thus preventing it from falling down. The main Transformoid's difference from the other versions of the same game is that here the racket is not flat, but curved. This allows for additional ball trajectories which are impossible in the case of rebounding from a flat surface.
What's more, by placing the transformed racket in different positions and observing the ball trajectories depending on strikes against this or that spot on the racket you can rebound it in the needed direction and hit precisely the targets you need. Therefore, some player's control over the situation appears in Transformoid, which was next to impossible in all the other versions. Transforomoid requires not only good reflexes, but also attentiveness, analysis and an intellectual process.
As concerns the targets to hit, they are familiar and usual bricks of certain colors. Hits against bricks destroy them, but it's not all that simple.
From some bricks, bonus signs fall, which are activated when they touch the racket. They can either be helpful or cause some trouble. Some bonuses are brand new and exclusive for Transformoid. Thus, when certain signs hit the racket, its curved surface may take another shape - but not a flat one. Certain bonuses cause a wind to rise in the playing field blowing away the ball, or change the gravity force that acts upon the ball, so it becomes heavier falls faster.
In all the rest, the bonuses are pretty common. Here's a list of them:
* A picture of a racket of a certain type - changes the current racket shape making it trapezoidal, sine-shaped, saw-toothed or standard semicircular. This depends on what racket type exactly is shown on the bonus
* A picture of a racket with a question mark - changes the current racket for a random one
* A picture of a racket between arrows > < - reduces the racket length
* A picture of a racket between arrows < > - increases the racket length
* A cube with a red cross - gives an extra life
* A weight - switches gravity on
* A balloon - weightlessness, i.e. gravity off
* A red propeller - switches the wind on: the wind blows in the direction where the propeller rotates
* A green propeller - switches the wind off
* A red ball on a triangle - increases the ball speed
* A green ball on a triangle - reduces the ball speed
* A ball with four arrows pointing outside - increases the ball size
* A ball with four arrows pointing inside - reduces the ball size
Transformoid is the latest and newest arkanoid generation. Firstly, the game process has been radically transformed in this version: Some crucially new nuances have been introduced thereto. Secondly, the game's interface plays an important part.
Transformoid's interface is made up by impressing 3D graphics.
On the whole, at first glance, Transformoid is just a another good realization of the old idea with some supplements, but when looked at closely, it is a brand new arkanoid with a wide range of possibilities for the player and unusual and exciting obstacles to overcome on the way to the main goal.
* iOS 4.0 or later
* iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
* 16.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Transformoid 1.0.3 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Located in Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia, Unusual dynamics is the new perspective innovation company. Our main goal is to offer new interesting games for your home and office, which give pleasure and allow to spend free time with the good. We can find something unusual in the simple things and it allows to make our games more interesting. Copyright (C) 2012 Unusual dynamics. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.