December 22, 2008 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Toronto (Ontario, Canada) - Agile Web Solutions today announced the release of 1Password 2.9.6, a maintenance release that provides several improvements and bug fixes. This update is recommended for all users and is a free upgrade for all paid 1Password customers.
What is 1Password?
* The most popular password manager for Mac OS X and iPhone (according to MacUpdate, VersionTracker and iUseThis ratings)
* Provides the ability to sync your Mac passwords with your iPhone/iPod touch
* A Macworld magazine "Mac Gem", rated 4.5/5 mice and nominated for a Macworld Readers' Choice Award
* The only password manager with integrated anti-phishing technology
* An automatic form filler with support for credit cards and multiple identities
* A highly secure database to keep track of logins, secure notes, identities, credit cards, bank accounts, and software registration information
The following is a detailed changelog that identifies all the changes and improvements made in this release:
* [CHANGED] Changed the format of the automatically generated Autosave Login name to not include the username
* [CHANGED] 1Password will no longer crash on startup if the Agile Keychain is not valid
* [FIXED] Fixed a crash that would occur when the main 1Password window was closed and the keychain was updated by the browser
* [FIXED] Fixed problem with iPhone sync when current time on iPhone was different from time on Mac
* [FIXED] Fixed bug in Password Wallet importer for notes with new line characters
* [FIXED] Resolved issue where some saved logins would not appear in the Fill Login menu
* [FIXED] Fixed issue that prevented 1Password application from starting on G3 processors
* [FIXED] Fixed memory leaks in browser extensions
* Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or 10.5 (Leopard).
Pricing and Availability:
A Single User license is available for $39.95 (USD) and a five user Family License for $59.95 (USD). A fully functional 30-day trial version is available, along with a free version limited to 20 items. Special media licenses are available for members of the press and the blogging community upon request.
Founded in the fall of 2002, Agile Web Solutions, Inc., began as a partnership between two experienced consulting firms, Teare Software Solutions Inc and Software Trenches Inc. Agile Web Solutions has a long history of innovation and business excellence. Agile Web Solutions is a privately held company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. For more information about the company or any of its products, visit the Agile Web Solutions web site.