Chris Knight - Acutus Trading Ltd.
AirBeam 1.4 now beams your iPhone's camera also into your web browser
March 5, 2012 in Photo and Video
[prMac.com] Eurasburg, Germany - Appologics is pleased to announce AirBeam 1.4, a major feature update to their high quality video surveillance solution. AirBeam is an universal app available for iOS and OSX that streams video and audio between any number of iDevices or Macs. Each iDevice can be used either as a surveillance camera or as a remote monitor.
In addition to iOS and OSX, the update now adds a third option that not only windows users have long waited for: A flexible new web interface allows to access AirBeams functionality with a web browser from any platform. The interface makes use of latest HTML5 technology and allows to watch the video stream, control recordings, enable motion detection and remotely adjust camera settings like the resolution and frame rate.
Besides the new web interface, AirBeam 1.4 introduces numerous additional new features:
* Automatic port mapping now allows users to watch their AirBeam camera from anywhere in the Internet without cumbersome manual router configuration. This new feature works with all WiFi routers that support Universal Plug and Play or Apple's NAT-Port Mapping Protocol.
* Stealth mode: On devices running Apple's latest iOS5 operating system, the video and audio monitoring can now also be done with a dark screen. AirBeam also simulates the operating system's standard lock screen to prevent unauthorized users from accessing the app while the surveillance is active.
* Compatibility with 3rd party surveillance software: Thanks to offering a standardized Motion-JPEG video stream AirBeam can now easily be integrated with many professional 3rd party video surveillance solutions.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Camera mode requires built-in camera (iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPhone 4(s), iPod 4G, iPad2)
* Up to date HTML5 browser recommended to use the web interface
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* Universal Application
* 5.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
AirBeam 1.4 is $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category.
Appologics is an independent iOS development studio founded in 2012. Appologics mission is to create amazing mobile Internet applications, technically advanced with perfect usability at the same time. Copyright (C) 2012 Appologics. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.