January 9, 2009 in Mac OSX (F)
[prMac.com] Austin, TX - Intego, the Macintosh security specialist, today announced the release of VirusBarrier Server 2 and VirusBarrier Mail Gateway 2, two programs that provide full protection from all known Macintosh viruses on servers running Mac OS X. Based on Intego's acclaimed VirusBarrier X5 software, that Macworld calls "the gold standard", these new versions offer a host of new features and improvements to make virus protection on Mac OS X servers more efficient and easier to manage.
VirusBarrier Server 2 automatically scans every file that is copied to a Mac OS X server where it is installed, as well as any files that are launched on the server. If viruses are found, infected files are quarantined, and logs can be sent to administrators alerting them of this activity. VirusBarrier Server 2 can also be set to run scheduled scans of both local and network volumes.
In addition to the features offered by VirusBarrier Server 2, VirusBarrier Mail Gateway 2 offers full protection for all e-mail that is sent or received via Mac OS X Server's built-in e-mail server. It automatically scans all e-mail messages that pass through the server, checking e-mails for infected attachments. If viruses are found, the e-mails are quarantined, and logs can be sent to administrators informing them of this activity.
"Not only are desktop and laptop Macs becoming more common in the enterprise and educational institutions, but more and more professionals are adopting servers running Mac OS X," said Laurent Marteau, CEO of Intego. "Businesses and schools need reliable virus protection on all their servers and Intego VirusBarrier Server 2 and VirusBarrier Mail Gateway 2 are essential tools for protecting networks of all sizes from the spread of viruses."
Features of VirusBarrier Server 2 include:
* GUI administration console
* Manual, Real-Time and command-line virus scanners
* Full Quarantine Zone to isolate infected files
* Scans for Mac and Windows malware
* Infected files can be repaired and disinfected in the Quarantine Zone
* Trusted Zone to disable Real-Time scanning on selected files or folders
* Detailed logs of all infected files sent automatically to administrators
* Scans of all files written to or opened on the server
* Scheduled scans of local and network volumes
* Heuristic and behavioral analysis
* Automatic updates of program and virus definitions via Intego NetUpdate
* Universal binary, fully compatible with both PowerPC and Intel processors
Features of VirusBarrier Mail Gateway 2 include all of the above, plus:
* Scans of all e-mail sent and received via the Mac OS X Server e-mail server
* Infected e-mails can be repaired and disinfected in the Quarantine Zone
VirusBarrier Server 2:
* Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or higher or Mac OS X Server 10.4 (Tiger) or higher
VirusBarrier Mail Gateway 2:
* Mac OS X Server 10.4 (Tiger) running the built-in e-mail server
Both programs are available now from Intego. Prices for VirusBarrier Server 2 start at $299.95 (USD) excluding tax. Prices for VirusBarrier Mail Gateway 2 start at $499.95 excluding tax. VirusBarrier Server 2 and VirusBarrier Mail Gateway 2 are free updates for all users of VirusBarrier Server and VirusBarrier Mail Gateway.
Intego develops and sells desktop Internet security and privacy software for Macintosh. Intego provides the widest range of software to protect users and their Macs from the dangers of the Internet. Intego's multilingual software and support repeatedly receives awards from Mac magazines, and protects more than one million users in over 60 countries. Intego has headquarters in the USA, France and Japan.