March 19, 2012 in Reference (F)
[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom - Amber Books announces they will be launching the Great Battles series in universal iOS and Android versions on 18th March 2012. Each app has an animated map complete with a voiceover explaining the battle stage by stage, a narrated history and gallery give you the full background to the battle, while a quiz tests out your new knowledge.
* Cannae 216 BC - Hannibal annihilates the Roman legions
* Blenheim 1704 - Duke of Marlborough defeats Louis XIV's French army
* Gettysburg 1863 - Turning point of the US Civil War
* Pearl Harbor 1941 - Sneak Japanese attack brings the US into WWII
* Stalingrad 1942/43 - Decisive battle on the Eastern Front in WWII
* D-Day 1944 - Largest ever sea landings in France on 6 June
* Watch the explosions on US battleships as the Japanese attack waves strike
* Listen to how the Roman legionaries were lured into a trap and slaughtered
* Read how the Red Army surrounded the Germans in Stalingrad
* View images of the men and vehicles landing on the D-Day beaches
* Test your knowledge of General Robert E Lee's Confederates
These bestselling iPad apps featuring major events in world history are now coming to your iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices with a special launch price!
The apps are available to buy from the App Store and Google Play (formerly Android Market).
Coming next in the series: the fall of Constantinople 1453 and Nelson's victory at Trafalgar 1805...
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
Amber Books Ltd are a London-based book packager. We create illustrated non-fiction books for adults and children and sell them to our publishing clients around the world. We publish a range of military titles, and a growing number of apps on the iOS and Android app stores. We are also making many of our titles available as ebooks. Copyright (C) 2012 Amber Books Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.