January 13, 2009 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Wellington, New Zealand - Freeridecoding announces BurnAgain FS 1.2, a free update of the CD/DVD multisession burning utility for Mac OS X. BurnAgain FS re-mounts a data CD or DVD in a writeable way on the desktop just like a hard drive volume, making it possible to change the content of the media directly in the Finder. Files can be added, removed or edited several times and the changes can repeatedly be burned to the disk until the media is full. Since BurnAgain FS doesn't erase the disk each time, changing the content of the media is much faster than burning a new disk.
The title of the disk can be changed prior to each burn. Without any additional software, disks burned with BurnAgain FS are readable on all platforms, automatically preserving special Mac file attributes. BurnAgain FS supports CDR, CDRW, DVD+RW and DVD-RW disks.
The update to 1.2 brings several important improvements to the application including interface enhancements that make BurnAgain FS even easier to use, improved handling of file permissions, improved reliability when renaming or moving large number of files, overall improved performance and the option to disable the creation of AppleDouble files. The update is free for all BurnAgain FS users.
BurnAgain FS Feature highlights include:
* Burn multiple sessions without creating multiple volumes
* Change the content of a CD/DVD like on a hardisk
* Add additional content to a disk quickly
* Change disk title at each burn
* Preserve Mac file attributes
* Platform independent format
* Usable with CDR
* Usable with CDRW, DVD+RW, DVD-RW
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or later
* Intel or PPC Mac (Universal Binary)
* 2.2 MB Hard Drive space
* Apple supported CD/DVD Writer (internal or firewire)
* Although not officially supported, DVD burning will work with most USB burners
* BurnAgain FS is available in English and German
Pricing and Availability:
A home single license is priced at only $22 (USD). A FamilyPack option (5 installations) is available for only $48 (USD). Business licenses start from 32 USD. Site licenses and educational discounts are available. A full-featured demo (20 trial burns) is available.
Located in Wellington, New Zealand, Freeridecoding is a privately held company founded in 2005 by Thomas Bauer. With a focus on the Mac platform, Thomas founded Freeridecoding with the intention of developing unique and user-friendly applications. Copyright 2005-2009 Freeridecoding. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.