January 15, 2009 in OS X Development (E)
[prMac.com] Victoria, B.C., Canada - Late Night Software Ltd. today announced the immediate availability of Script Debugger 4.5.2, an update to the latest version of its award-winning AppleScript authoring environment. The update addresses maintenance issues that came to light following the release of version 4.5. The update is free to registered Script Debugger 4.5 users.
"The tweaks made to this update ensure that Script Debugger continues to be the reliable tool that our users have come to depend on when authoring AppleScript scripts," says company president Mark Alldritt. "We always look for ways to make our software indispensable for those looking to maximize their productivity."
Maintenance issues include:
* Addressed a problem where the Scripting Additions window would fail when displaying the Leopard version of Standard Additions.osax. This fix also brings Script Debugger's handling of escaped <documentation><html> sdef elements into line with changes introduced in Leopard.
* A series of stability problems with the Dictionary Explorer have been resolved. As the Dictionary Explorer appears in many places in the Script Debugger user interface, these fixes greatly improve Script Debugger's overall stability.
* A hang when exploring Adobe Acrobat Professional has been resolved.
* Addressed a problem that prevented script compilation on some Japanese systems when debugging is enabled.
* A Text Substitution indenting problem has been corrected.
* A problem where block auto-closing fails for blocks preceded by 2 or 3 blank lines from the beginning of a script has been resolved.
Script Debugger 4.5 requires the following hardware and software:
* G4 or G5 PowerPC or Intel processor is recommended
* 50MB free disk space
* Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or later; Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or later is recommended
Availability and Pricing
Script Debugger 4.5 sells for $199 (USD). The Script Debugger 4.0 to 4.5 upgrade sells for $49 (USD).
About Script Debugger
Script Debugger 4.5 is the premier AppleScript authoring environment. It provides everything you need to quickly and easily author AppleScripts that work. No other scripting tool can match Script Debugger's capabilities for creating, editing and debugging AppleScripts. Its sophisticated Dictionary browser provides far more information than any other tool can and eliminates guesswork and needless experimentation. Simply put, Script Debugger makes AppleScript easy.
Late Night Software Ltd., established in 1995, is a privately held company that specializes in the development of award-winning Macintosh scripting tools. Copyright 1995-2008 Late Night Software Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, AppleScript and Apple Automator are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.